204569Re: To all of You who use: reject_non_fqdn_hostname and reject_unknown_hostname

  • Rene van Hoek
    Sep 1, 2006
      o2 - Marcin Wasilewski wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I have a question to all of You who use: reject_non_fqdn_hostname and
      > reject_unknown_hostname.
      > I get lot of SPAM messages and almost all of them are from host which in
      > my mail.log are UNKNOWN, ie:
      > connect from unknown[222.181.95.54]
      > Sep 1 10:03:42 mymailhost postfix/smtpd[22196]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT
      > from unknown[222.181.95.54]: 550 <ukaszd@mydomainname>: Recipient
      > address rejected: User unknown; from=<abelpmoreira@...>
      > to=<ukaszd@mydomainname> proto=ESMTP helo=<LENOVO-OEM>
      >
      > Actually I use:
      > smtpd_helo_restrictions =
      > permit_mynetworks
      > check_helo_access hash:/etc/postfix/db/helo_access
      > reject_invalid_hostname
      >
      > and I would like to enable
      > reject_non_fqdn_hostname

      With the setting 'reject_non_fqdn_hostname' I have very good results. Much spam
      is stopped, a few false-positives. When I contact the postmaster of that mta,
      they realise it is an configuration-error and they fix it.

      > reject_unknown_hostname

      I tried this one also, but it gives too much 'false-positives' for me. So, I
      don't use it anymore. It is a pitty, because it should not be a big issue to
      register mta's in the DNS with correct hostnames.

      > but I wonder how many false-positives it gives..
      >
      > and one more question: I saw in doc that I could use: warn_if_reject,
      > but how to correctly place it in my config to see how these two rules
      > above will be hit.
      >
      > Best regards
      > Marcin

      met vriendelijke groet,