202272canonical_maps and relay_recipients

  • Carlos Kramer
    Aug 1, 2006
      Hi,

      I have legacy mail address formats and domains where I need to rewrite the
      domain
      and the user address independently.

      Joe.User@... -> Joe.User@...
      joe_user@... -> Joe.User@...
      joe_user@... -> Joe.User@... etc.

      I'm using recipient_canonical_maps to rewrite the address and it seems to
      work fine
      but unknown addresses where the domain has been rewritten aren't being
      rejected
      by relay_recipient_maps.

      I'm doing it like this:-

      main.cf
      relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/recipients
      recipient_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/domain /etc/postfix/user

      domain:-
      @... @...

      user:-
      joe_user Joe.User

      recipients:-
      Joe.User OK

      unknown@... is being rejected by relay_recipient_maps

      but unknown@... is rewritten to unknown@...
      and this isn't being rejected.

      I don't know if my approach is wrong or if there is some other problem any
      help would be most appreciated. My rewriting is somewhat more complex
      than above but basically I want to rewrite the domain and the user part
      independently and reject unknown mail addresses.

      Thanks.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic