202271Re: Limit address that can send to an account.

  • ankush grover
    Jul 31, 2006
      On 7/31/06, Darren <postfix@...> wrote:
      > Claude Needham wrote:
      > > I would like to do the following:
      > >
      > > I have an address xxx@... that is used to register my domains at
      > > myregguy.com
      > >
      > > Because I don't use "private" registration a multitude of spammers
      > > have gleaned the address from whois records.
      > >
      > > I would like to reject all email sent to xxx@... -- unless the
      > > email is coming from myregguy.com
      > >
      > > Is this possible?
      >
      > Yes, using a restriction class[1] to bring in a sender whitelist-only
      > restriction when the recipient is xxx@.... An example:
      >
      > In main.cf, add:
      >
      > smtpd_restriction_classes = hostmasters
      > hostmasters =
      > check_sender_access hash:/path/to/sender_access,
      > reject
      >
      > Insert at smtpd_recipient_restrictions or later:
      >
      > check_recipient_access hash:/path/to/recipient_access
      >
      > Where /path/to/sender_access contains:
      >
      > myregguy.com OK
      >
      > Where /path/to/recipient_access contains:
      >
      > xxx@... hostmasters
      >

      > 1: http://www.postfix.org/RESTRICTION_CLASS_README.html

      hey,

      I am also trying to implement the same for my network. We have one
      account called staff and the mail sent to this address goes to all the
      employees in the organisation.

      I have configured main.cf as per above example

      smtpd_restriction_classes = insiders_only <<<<<----------
      insiders_only = check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access,
      reject <<<<<----------
      permit_sasl_authenticated,
      ---->>> check_recipient_access
      hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_access,
      reject_invalid_hostname,
      reject_unknown_sender_domain,
      reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
      reject_unauth_destination,
      reject_rbl_client relays.ordb.org,
      reject_rbl_client opm.blitzed.org,
      reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org,
      reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org,
      reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org,
      reject_rbl_client dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net,
      permit

      But still I am able to receive the mail from outside on this account
      from accounts list permitted to send mail to this account.

      recipient_access file
      staff@... insiders_only

      sender_access file

      example.com OK
      ankush@... OK
      ankush@... OK
      john@... OK

      Apart from my domain(example.com) some other email ids from which
      mails are allowed to be send to this account are added to the
      sender_access.

      I am using Postfix 2.1.5 on FC3 with MailScanner.

      Any pointer what can be the problem?

      Thanks & Regards

      Ankush Grover
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic