196830holding messages during maintenance best practice

  • ml@sd2i.fr
    May 1, 2006
      Hi all,

      I was wondering what's the best practice to handle upgrade of the
      pop/imap server (new bigger hard-drives), i want to have no mail
      delivery during the upgrade, and we have no secondary mx.
      So either i can simply stop postfix, or i thought about using the HOLD
      feature to catch mails into the queue ?

      Thanks for any advice, and if the HOLD feature is better, for any HOWTO
      links. We receive about 40k mail/day so i want to avoid troubles !

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic