196826Re: No_address_mapping

    Apr 30, 2006
      On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 10:43:36AM +0200, Jevos, Peter wrote:

      > Thanks for you answer Viktor,
      >
      > Does it mean that everything is correct ?
      > Why I cannot see change in the logs when I turn off

      Because mostly nothing changes. The only impact (if rewriting is
      done first and suppressed on the second pass), is that virtual
      aliases of the form:

      user1@... user1@..., user2@...

      No longer result in two deliveries of the message to "user2".

      > Would I have to turn on receive_override_options = no_address_mappings ?
      > Is there some meaning in my case ?
      > I use virtual users stored in mysql table

      In most configurations nothing changes in the logs, Postfix just skips
      unnecessary lookups and runs a tiny bit faster.

      system/email administrator to architect and sustain the Unix email