193553Re: clock problem and postfix behaviour

  • Amol Hatwar
    Mar 1, 2006
      *Chop*
      > I'm wondering if I could have done something differently to avoid this
      > problem, but I don't have the answer for now. Any idea ?

      Yes. You could have run ntpd before the fiasco happened.

      > Or maybe something in Postfix could be implemented to avoid this annoying
      > behaviour ? I imagine it's not the first time that this problem occurs, and
      > it certainly won't be the last time ! After a power loss, we don't have to
      > time to read the whole Postfix manual, so I think it will be better if
      > Postfix could handle this problem automatically whatever the admin mistakes !

      Keeping accurate time is the system's responsibility, not the mail
      servers. If you computer has a defective system clock or suffers with
      serious clock drifts, you _should_ install ntpd. In your case you should
      use a combination of ntpdate and ntpd at startup.

      Regards,

      ah
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic