189684Re: Better to do 550 instead of 450 for these?

    Jan 2, 2006
      On Sun, Jan 01, 2006 at 11:03:39PM -0800, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:

      > Len Conrad wrote:
      > >It's not 1995, or 2000.
      >
      > It doesn't matter if it's 1995, 2000, 2005, or 2037 -- when stopping
      > mail becomes more important than delivering mail, there's no point in
      > there being mail.

      This is getting seriously off-topic. Setting the DNS-based reject codes
      to 5XX is recommended as soon as one is confortable that the settings
      are correct. Persistent 4XX rejects that *don't* represent temporary
      conditions are worse for the sender.

      So either use "reject_unknown_sender_domain", ... with 5XX codes after
      brief testing with 4XX codes (or soft_bounce=yes), or don't use them
      at all.

      Let's not drift into rec.talk.* territory. No off-topic followups please.