189613Re: ETRN and permit_mx_backup

  • Pavel Urban
    Dec 31, 2005
      Wietse Venema wrote:
      > Pavel Urban:
      >
      >>Hello,
      >>
      >>is it possible to allow etrn for all domains that our server serves as
      >>backup mx? Ie something like permit_mx_backup for
      >>smtpd_etrn_restrictions... I've tried to search in archives and found
      >>only my own, pretty old question.
      >

      > permit_mx_backup
      > Permit the request when the local mail system is backup MX for
      > the RCPT TO address, or when the address is an authorized desti-
      > nation (see permit_auth_destination for definition).
      >
      > It requires a recipient address.
      >
      > For ETRN access, why not specify the network blocks that cover
      > your customers?
      >
      > Wietse

      I wrote 'something like' ;-) ETRN also requires recipient address, so I
      thought it could work the same way.

      Right now I have only 'permit' in smtpd_etrn_restrictions; of course I
      can replace it with restriction that allows only our customers in. But
      it doesn't work unrestricted, so why to restrict it further? Or am I
      getting something wrong?

      For the example I gave below - both domains have our server as backup MX
      in DNS. The second one is also in relay_domains.