187567Re: Host or domain name not found

    Dec 2, 2005
      Tanner Postert:
      > Thanks for all your help. i have notified the network admin of the errors
      > found.
      >
      > another question... i can send emails fine from other email domains (my home
      > account, or my gmail account...) is there a timeout setting in postfix that
      > i can adjust to allow for a longer responce time?

      There is no documented interface to control the timeouts in the
      SYSTEM LIBRARY routines for DNS lookups.

      I also notice that my own machine had no trouble sending mail
      to the domain in question. It just took 11 seconds to look up
      the DNS and set up the SMTP connection. That is well below any
      timeout limit for DNS or SMTP.