187494Re: Host or domain name not found

  • Tanner Postert
    Dec 1, 2005
      double checked the master.cf and nothing is chrooted.

      i don't think it's a permissions error since i can send external mail to my gmail account or other domains, it just seems this one domain is giving me a problem.

      i just tried a simple telnet on port 25 to the 10 MX record, and it did take QUITE some time for it to respond, is it possible that it is timing out?

      On 12/1/05, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
      Tanner Postert:
      > I keep getting an error message when sending to this certain domain.
      >
      > Here is the error message in the maillog:
      >
      > Nov 23 17:55:01 tempe-email-01 postfix/smtp[2986]: 407686D8F0: to=<
      > user@...>, relay=none, delay=2, status=deferred (Host or domain name
      > not found. Name service error for name=domain.com type=MX: Host not found,
      > try again)
      >
      > but if i do: host -t mx domain.com

      http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#no_chroot

      If that is not the problem, you goofed with the access permissions
      of / /etc /etc/nsswitch.conf /etc/resolv.conf or some other critical
      file or directory.