186815Re: Very stupid question.... but... ?

  • Magnus Bäck
    Nov 23, 2005
      On Wednesday, November 23, 2005 at 18:16 CET,
      Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi@...> wrote:

      > I've got a couple of Postfix mail servers.
      >
      > I've got a small defered queue about 20 / 100 messages, and I need to
      > migrate servers to anothers machines.
      >
      > All are based on postfix 2.2.5 using FreeBSD...
      >
      > The "stupid" question is: Can I copy the old serveur defer queue (eg
      > the files) to new servers ?

      If you know what you're doing yes, but don't do it. Instead, configure
      the old box with the deferred messages to use one of the new boxes as
      relayhost and wait until Postfix has drained the queue.

      --
      Magnus Bäck
      magnus@...