186749Re: Fw: I'm sending "aaazzzaaazzzaaazzzaaazzzaaazzz" emails

  • Jason
    Nov 22, 2005
      From: "Nicolas Riendeau" <knightr@...>
      To: "Jason" <pg@...>
      Cc: <postfix-users@...>
      Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 12:42 PM
      Subject: Re: Fw: I'm sending "aaazzzaaazzzaaazzzaaazzzaaazzz" emails

      > Hi!
      >
      > Jason wrote:
      >
      >> No, I'm NOT using the postfix server that I'm asking for help to send
      >> this email. In fact, this email is not sent by postfix, it's by sendmail
      >> + Mailscanner. And the postfix server that's in problem is not using
      >> mailscanner.
      >>
      >> Jason
      >
      > Oops, you're right... I should have looked at the headers more closely...
      >
      > If you do a search in Google for that string you'll see that other people
      > had it in the past but nobody seemed to have found the reason why...
      Yeah, this is strange. Postfix is such a successful package that everthing
      is solved within a very short period. But this problem has been floating
      arroung for quite some time. Also, I noticed that quite a number of the
      problematic hosts are from China. And yes, my problematic server is hosted
      in China too.

      > What library have you linked against Postfix and which patches (if any)
      > have you applied to it? It might be a good idea to look that way too...
      No, no patches. Strictly installed from an rpm.

      > Do you have a content filter?
      No, I don't.

      > The server for newhonest.com is a different server if I understood your
      > mail correctly... Is it behind something that affects SMTP communications
      > like a Pix firewall or something similar...
      The problematic host, chinamail, is placed behind a firewall (pfsense-a
      great router). There is not nat for port 25, since this mail will not
      recieved email from the net. It only send and receive email locally, and
      send-only mails to the internet.

      > You could also try to put a quarantine (static:hold in your
      > restrictions)/deferral (could be done on the transport level) on every
      > thing that tries to leave your local domain...
      I don't understand this (I'm quite new to postfix), and what's the benefit?

      > Good luck!
      >
      > Nick

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic