Re: [post_vasectomy] problems dealing with my husbands vasectomy

  • angel0725@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1 7:13 PM
      In a message dated 7/30/02 2:02:56 PM EST, edc33@... writes:

      << I have been reading the messages from the chat room starting the end of
      May,
      my husband just had a vasectomy and I am having a hard time adjusting. I
      find that I am worried all the time about his health and the health of the
      two children we have now. I have also been grieving for the children I
      will
      not have. I was wondering if anyone else has found their wife has had the
      same problem? >>

      Elizabeth, I started reading the message boards to get info on reversals. You
      see, my husband had his vasectomy almost 8 years ago and like you, I
      regretted it right away. As a matter of fact, I begged him not to do it
      nearly the whole night before he had it done. I refused to go with him
      thinking that might show him one last time how I felt. He did it anyway.
      Unlike you though, we have four children (now ages 16, 15, 13 and 8) but
      being just 28 when the last one was born I couldn't give up what I still
      consider the best part of my life (having and taking care of my babies) to be
      over.

      My husband still refuses to have the reversal and most of the time I try my
      best to forget about it. However, when friends, neighbors and family members
      have babies it hits home with no less a punch then it did that first day.
      After all this time, the chance of a reversal working even if my husband
      agreed it very slim. If you are sure you want more children or even if you
      want the chance to make that decision later on, you still have a good chance
      of a reversal working if it's done soon.

      I wish you luck and I hope you husband is more understanding about maternal
      feelings then mine. If you want to write back feel free to do
      so...........Kathy