abominably foolish!

  • emerald howell
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2006
      Realtime_traders_notice.

      Wish I was at home with mother and dad and the girls Wish I'd never seen the Demon of Electricity and his wonderful inventions.
      I was happy enough before I struck that awful Master Key.
      And now I'll be eaten--with salt and pepper, probably Wonder if there'll be any gravy, Perhaps they'll boil me, with biscuits, as mother does chickens.
      Oh-h-h-h-h! It's just awful! In the midst of these depressing thoughts he became aware that something was hurting his back.
      After rolling over he found that he had been lying upon a sharp stone that stuck out of the earth.
      This gave him an idea, He rolled upon the stone again and began rubbing the rope that bound him against the sharp edge.
      Outside he could hear the crackling of fagots and the roar of a newly-kindled fire, so he knew he had no time to spare.
      He wriggled and pushed his body right and left, right and left, sawing away at the rope, until the strain and exertion started the perspiration from every pore At length the rope parted, and hastily uncoiling it from his body Rob stood up and rubbed his benumbed muscles and tried to regain his lost breath.
      He had not freed himself a moment too soon, he found, for hearing a grunt of surprise behind him he turned around and saw a native standing in the door of the hut, Rob laughed, for he was not a bit afraid of the blacks now.
      As the native made a rush toward him the boy drew the electric tube from his pocket, pointed it at the foe, and pressed the button.
      The fellow sank to the earth without even a groan, and lay still.
      Then another black entered, followed by the fat chief, When they saw Rob at liberty, and their comrade lying apparently dead, the chief cried out in surprise, using some expressive words in his own language If it's just the same to you, old chap, said Rob, coolly, I won't be eaten to-day.