Bradford

  • paloma margaux
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2007

      The flakes which have stolen onto the flagstones
      Oh, I know. The snow. The effective snow
      At the white place of the road's vanishing
      What can we know of whatever picture-plane
      Wide, whited fields, a way unframed at last
      IV. The Paths to Cathay
      Scrawny wolves, and you,
      Dismal, endless plain—
      Preface to the 1948 Edition
      To watch me watch drowned snow lift from the lake.
      That images of roads, whether composed
      They move against, or through, or by, or toward.
      Preface to the 1948 Edition
      Scrawny wolves, and you,
      Are gliding toward me on the ice into
      That neither the motionless farm couple trudging
      Snow haze gleams like sand.
      The road, but not far enough ahead
      for a few weeks, statistics won't seem