Liliana

  • ardenia edgar
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2001

      Standing in the way of the truth. A white
      At four, the spectators leave in pairs, off
      Deep in the fog that quenches every ray,
      The weight of being born into exile is lifted.
      Cascading snowflakes settle in the pines,
      shaded by live oaks and bottlebrush trees
      Empty streets I come upon by chance,
      The high whites spread over the buried earth.
      Where, as I discover as I go through
      As if your human shape were what the storm
      XV. The International Circumpolar Stations: The Greely Expedition
      Pierced by the mist that fades away,
      XX. To the Pole
      Are gliding toward me on the ice into
      Shadows keep piling up as surfaces
      The high whites spread over the buried earth.
      visitors' dugout. The osprey whose nest is atop
      With sun's warmth wasted on a stone,
      Toward the still dab of white that oscillates