Re: [Position Cost Averaging] Will PCA Work with Mutual Funds

  • Stan Graham
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10, 2006
      Anyone tried it with Covered Calls or LEAPS?
      Stan Graham

      --- In positioncostaveraging@yahoogroups.com, Michael Latinovich
      <mlatinovich@...> wrote:

      > PCA will work with any product that has fluctuation in
      > price over time (the product has to have the ability
      > to be liquidated fairly quickly in the marketplace so
      > things like real estate won't work too well).
      >
      > --- vic_bucci <davey@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Still, with PCA or without PCA, I wouldn't put full
      > > confidence in it.
      > > Remember 1987, and 2000-2003. Anyway, the question
      > > is, with caution,
      > > will PCA perform as well with Mutual Funds? Opinion
      > > please..

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • tous_pca
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 11, 2007
        --- In positioncostaveraging@yahoogroups.com, "vic_bucci" <davey@...>
        wrote:

        > Still, with PCA or without PCA, I wouldn't put full confidence in it.
        > Remember 1987, and 2000-2003. Anyway, the question is, with caution,
        > will PCA perform as well with Mutual Funds? Opinion please..

        Well, that will depend on the composition of the mutual found you
        choose, for instance, I've choose an Indexed mutual found, so it moves
        up and down following the index, but there are several types of mutual
        founds, choose wisely because they have different benchmarks, actually
        all my investments are based on mutual found because I am a rookie and
        I do not have too much money, but eventually I will move to the stock
        market.