RE: [portlandpinball] Re: Tournament? New season?

  • Jason Bailes
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2008

      I’m out this weekend.

      13 or 20 is fine by me.

      From: portlandpinball@yahoogroups.com [mailto: portlandpinball@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Anthony Ramos
      Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 2:58 PM
      To: portlandpinball@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [portlandpinball] Re: Tournament? New season?

      Hear, hear: First meet of the new season is this week, at Ground
      Kontrol. I've posted most of the new season meets in the Yahoo! Groups
      Calendar. The final dates will be filled in shortly.

      The playoff tournament could be held on the 6th, 13th, or 20th. Later
      dates allow for more advance promotion. I'll open a poll; players,
      please voice your preferences.

      Looking forward to the smoking ban going into effect five weeks into
      the new season; it will make most of our meet locations quite a bit
      more enjoyable.

      I apologize for not getting this underway sooner. I could use some
      help managing the league, if any of you have time you'd like to
      contribute.

      -Anthony

      --- In portlandpinball@ yahoogroups. com, "Marcus Eikenberry"
      <markeedragon@ ...> wrote:

      > I second that.
      >

      > Marcus Eikenberry
      > Markee Dragon INC.
      >
      > www.MarkeeDragonINC .com <http://www.markeedr agoninc.com/>
      > USA :
      503.252.1169 x203
      > Canada :
      604.628.2277
      > United Kingdom :
      020.7993.4727
      > FAX: (+011)971.732. 5232

      On Behalf Of jason bailes
      > Sent: Friday, November 28, 2008 1:12 PM
      > To: portlandpinball@ yahoogroups. com
      > Subject: [portlandpinball] Tournament? New season?
      >

      > Are we going to have a tournament or what?
      > I have quarters to burn!

    • aloysius wilderburr
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 4, 2008
        josh sharpe of the IFPA has expressed interest in getting the PPL sanctioned by the IFPA so that players would receive world pinball ranking points, and be eligible for a "league champions" national tournament, possibly as part of california extreme or another major event. if you guys are thinking of standardizing scoring or some other organizational aspects of the league, now might be a good time to get in touch with him to coordinate that, if people are interested.

        on another note, following shorty's, everyone came back to portland wondering why ground kontrol doesn't host an annual pinball tournament with a decent prize. the location is a million times better than shorty's, yet there were top ten players flying to seattle for that tournament, and around 120 entrants at $10 a pop for that one night. it could be a lot of fun and good exposure for the portland pinball scene too.