RE: [portlandpinball] Open Tournament - Saturday, Aug. 23, Alleyway Bar

  • james hamlett
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 23, 2008
      You definately need the money Jason, metabolife isn't cheap and lord knows you need it...

      From: "Jason Bailes" <jason@vancouverdefe nders.com>

      This aint a “who’s the hottest lady-boy” tournament, Louie… so maybe you just ought to hand over your $$$ right now for the real ballaz to share

      From: "ryangratzer" <master.cob@gmail. com>
      Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 00:34:49 -0000
      To: < portlandpinball@ yahoogroups. com >

      Okay, this one won't be canceled. This is for real!

      Brian Bounceback and I, Ryan ROM, are organizing a mini-tournament
      this Saturday night.

      9pm
      Alleyway Cafe and Bar
      2415 NE Alberta St
      Portland , OR 97211
      (503) 287-7760

      Machines:

      Whirlwind
      Medieval Madness
      Monster Bash
      Indiana Jones (the first one)
      Spiderman

      $2 buy-in

      This will be a fun, casual tournament - open to everyone. The rules
      are not your standard rules; this is a One ball/First ball tournament.
      We play all the machines, and only your first balls are scored. New
      strategies! Surprises! The field is leveled - if this wasn't a bar,
      then a nine year old could potentially win the tournament. But it is a
      bar - a sweet, nonsmoking bar with five machines, good food, and a
      late night happy hour. So come on out and give it a try. We're hoping
      to start holding monthly tournaments. This will be our first. So
      please show your support and love of pinball - help us make this
      happen! Tell your friends.

      Additionally, we got the tournament sanctioned by the International
      Flipper Pinball Association. So, if you enter you'll basically be a
      professionally- ranked pinball player.

      Some details:
      http://www.crazyfli pperfingers. com/?p=83

      More details