RE: [portlandpinball] PPL Summer '08 Tournament Results

  • Jason Bailes
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 30, 2008

      Um, yeah, *I* was 2nd place damnit!

      From: portlandpinball@yahoogroups.com [mailto: portlandpinball@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Anthony Ramos
      Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:12 PM
      To: portlandpinball@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [portlandpinball] PPL Summer '08 Tournament Results

            Winner: Ryan Gratzer

      Second Place : Marcus

         Runner-Up: John Sherrard

      Congratulations to the winners, and to everyone for showing up with your 'A' game.

      We're kicking of the next season right away, with a meet at the C-Bar tomorrow evening. Hope to see you there.

      --

      Anthony Ramos, Co-Owner

      Ground Kontrol Classic Arcade * 511 NW Couch St. Portland , OR 97209

      p: (503)796-9364 * e: anthony(at)groundko ntrol.com

    • Anthony Ramos
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5, 2008
        > On Jul 30, 2008, at 8:35 AM, Jason Bailes wrote:
        >>
        >> Um, yeah, *I* was 2nd place damnit!

        Heh heh...I guess giving you credit was just too painful the first
        time around. ;-)

        For everyone who didn't attend last week's meet, we're scoring things
        a little differently this season: everyone's scores are compared to
        everyone else's not just those in their arbitrary 3-4 person group.
        This measures skill more accurately, and should get people more
        interested in how players in the other groups are doing.

        In short, you get 1 point for each person's score you beat on each
        table. If you get top score on a table when nine were playing, you
        get eight points; second highest scorer gets 7 points, and so on.

        The more meets everyone attends, the more potential everyone has to
        earn points. So get in there and show everyone who's top dog!