86Live SHIMMER women's wrestling in Chicago 3/26 & 3/27!

  • Stacy
    Mar 9, 2011
      Live SHIMMER women's wrestling in Chicago 3/26 & 3/27!

      Join the SHIMMER Yahoo Group
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shimmerwrestling/

      Follow SHIMMER on Twitter
      http://www.twitter.com/shimmerwomen

      SHIMMER RETURNS MARCH 26 & 27!

      SHIMMER - WOMEN ATHLETES returns to the Berwyn Eagles Club (6309 26th Street) in Berwyn, IL, just outside Chicago, on Saturday & Sunday, March 26th & 27th, 2011. Bell time on Saturday, March 26th will be 2pm. Bell time on Sunday, March 27th will be 1pm. Volumes 37-40 of the SHIMMER DVD series will be filmed over the course of the weekend.

      Two full length volumes of the SHIMMER DVD series will be filmed during each day of taping, with an intermission and meet & greet with the stars in between. Over six hours of live women's pro wrestling matches each day!

      Among those announced thus far as appearingÂ…

      SHIMMER Champion Madison Eagles
      SHIMMER Tag Team Champions The Canadian Ninjas
      "Your Soul's Tormentor" MsChif
      Cheerleader Melissa
      Daizee Haze
      "The Queen of Wrestling" Sara Del Rey
      "The Latina Sensation" Mercedes Martinez
      Serena Deeb
      Ayako Hamada
      Hiroyo Matsumoto
      Misaki Ohata
      Ayumi Kurihara
      Tomoka Nakagawa
      Rachel Summerlyn
      Jessica James
      Allison Danger
      "The Wrestling Goddess" Athena
      Nikki Roxx
      Portuguese Princess Ariel
      "Everybody's Favorite Girlfriend" Jessie McKay
      "Rate Tank" Kellie Skater
      Saraya Knight
      Britani Knight
      Leva Bates
      Melanie Cruise
      Christina Von Eerie

      ...and still more to be added!

      General admission tickets are still available at a cost of $30 for each full day of taping (essentially $15 per DVD). Use the PayPal buttons at http://www.shimmerwrestling.com/ to place your order. If you'd like to purchase ticket by money order, E-mail dave_prazak@... for mail order instructions.

      Seating is very limited at the Berwyn Eagles Club, so if you would like to attend, we strongly advise you to purchase tickets in advance to guarantee admission.

      For those attending the AAW event at the Berwyn Eagles Club this Saturday, 3/12, we will have SHIMMER tickets available during intermission.

      Check out the flyer promoting the events at the image links below.

      Side 1: http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa28/shimmerwrestling/shimmer2/shimflyersideB-1.jpg
      Side 2: http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa28/shimmerwrestling/shimmer2/shimflyersideA-1.jpg

      To read more about SHIMMER newcomer Christina Von Eerie, visit the link below.

      http://tinyurl.com/cveshimmer

      To read more about Ayako Hamada's participation in the events, visit the link below.

      http://tinyurl.com/shimayakomarch

      Mark your calendars! SHIMMER returns to the Chicago area in less than three weeks!

      SHIMMER AFTERPARTY DETAILS

      SHIMMER - WOMEN ATHLETES is pleased to announce the continuation of our sponsorship agreement with 39TEN Lounge & Fabulous Freddies Italian Eatery, located at 3910 S. Harlem Avenue in Lyons, IL. 39TEN will be the location for post-show activities on both Saturday evening, March 26th and Sunday evening, March 27th, immediately following each day of SHIMMER DVD tapings.

      Obviously since everyone will need to get some rest in preparation for Sunday's taping, Saturday night will be more scaled back, with the "real" afterparty at the end of the weekend on Sunday. If you appreciate 39TEN's service and atmosphere for our afterparties, and would like to see 39TEN remain our afterparty location in the future, please give them your business after the show each night and grab dinner there. It is through giving them our business that they continue to sponsor our events.

      39TEN is just 2.3 miles from the Berwyn Eagles Club. To get there from the venue, all you have to do is make a left on Ridgeland Ave, a right on Ogden Ave, and then a left on Harlem Ave, and 39TEN will be on your right.

      39TEN is very close to several local motels, including the Presidential Inn (3922 S. Harlem Avenue in Lyons, IL), which is literally next door to 39TEN, for those who don't want to drive to a motel from the afterparty. It is only 2.1 miles from the Rodeway Inn in Lyons.

      39TEN will be fully staffed for the post-SHIMMER festivities, with a full liquor bar, as well as food prepared by Fabulous Freddies Italian Eatery, which is attached to 39TEN. You can view their menu at http://www.freddieson31st.com/ (their main location is in Chicago).

      Come and party with the wrestlers and your fellow fans at 39TEN Lounge after SHIMMER!

      TENILLE SIGNS WWE CONTRACT

      Everyone at SHIMMER - WOMEN ATHLETES would like to congratulate Tenille on signing a developmental contract with World Wrestling Entertainment.

      The Melbourne, Australia native relocated to Calgary, Alberta, Canada to train under Lance Storm at Storm Wrestling Academy prior to expanding her schedule to include competing regularly for both SHIMMER and ECCW in the Vancouver area in 2009.

      Tenille will also be featured on the reality television series "World of Hurt" which completed filming prior to her signing with WWE.

      Best of luck to Tenille on her future in professional wrestling!

      Discuss Tenille's signing with WWE and view photos in the following thread at The SHIMMER ForumÂ…

      http://shimmerwomen.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=shimmer&action=display&thread=4114

      OLD SCHOOL SHIMMER POSTERS

      We got a batch of old school letterpress style posters printed up for the March 26 & 27 SHIMMER events in Berwyn! The posters are 17x26, on sturdy cardboard. They will be available at the live events that weekend for those attending in person who can easily carry the posters home. We are also making a limited number of them available to be shipped prior to the events, for those unable to make it to Berwyn who would like the SHIMMER poster to display as part of their collection. The posters will be shipped flat (not attempted to be rolled, to prevent damage) in a 30x5x24 box, via UPS Ground.

      View the posters and place your order at the link below.

      http://shimmerwrestling.blogspot.com/2011/03/old-school-shimmer-posters.html

      SHIMMER DVDS FROM RING OF HONOR

      For the entire SHIMMER DVD section of the ROH web site, visit the following link...

      http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=6

      Visit the SHIMMER web site!
      http://www.shimmerwrestling.com/