Post PorcFest Email

  • Rich Goldman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2007
      Hi.  I'm planning to send this email to the PorcFest attendee email list on Tuesday the 10th.  Please review and let me know if you think anything should be modified or added.  Thanks.
      -Rich

      -----
      Hi.  Hope you all had a great time at PorcFest.  While the festival is over, there are still some things I'd like to request or bring to your attention.

      1) If you have photos from PorcFest that you'd like to share, the FSP website has a PorcFest 2007 Photo Gallery for uploading images.  However, you must have an FSP account to upload.  To create an account and are a signer of the statement of intent, please go here.  If you'd like to create an account as a friend of the FSP, go here.  Once logged in, you will be able to add pictures and perform other actions by means of the album actions menu located at the bottom of the page.  Alternatively, if you email your photos to richgoldman@...,  I will upload them for you.

      2) We have placed the PorcFest 2007 Feedback survey online.  This survey is crucial to improving PorcFest and shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to complete.  To ensure anonymity (if this is important to you) be sure to logoff of the FSP homepage before taking the survey.  If you are taken to the Access Denied page, it means you were never logged in and are fine to proceed with the survey.  Otherwise, if you are logged in, your user name will be associated with your survey submission.

      3) We are looking for PorcFest tesimonials to use in future promotional material.   If you had a great and/or memorable time at PorcFest and would like to share your sentiments and experiences, especially to those who may be hesitant or unsure about whether it would be worth their time and money to attend, please send an email to me with your name, current state of residence, and your statement(s) about PorcFest or any of its sub-events (e.g. bus tours, bonfires, workshops, etc.).

      Don't worry about writing something "perfect."  All we ask if that you're authentic.  If you'd like our feedback on what you've written, we'll be glad to offer it and allow you to revise what you've written.

      4)  For those interested in press coverage of the event, please check out the following:

      If you have or know of other PorcFest 2007 publicity, please let me know.  Note:  at the time of these articles, we only had 300-350 registered, but by the end of the festival, we had 451 people on the We'll Be There List.  While some on here could not attend, several who did attend are not on there, so 450 is a fair number to use if/when discussing these articles with others.

      5) If you ordered a PorcFest 2007 T-Shirt but could/did not pick it up, please email me ASAP with your name and mailing address so we can mail it to you.

      6) If you are interested in helping with PorcFest 2008, please join our Yahoo Group.  No experience needed.

      Rich Goldman
      PorcFest 2007 Coordinator

    • lrdan4th@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2007
        When are we going to see some numbers?  How did the attendance compare to last year?  How many people actually took the bus tours.  What did Porcfest cost?  How does that cost compare to past years?

      • Rich Goldman
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10, 2007
          Are you asking for these to be put in the email to attendees?

          Either way, quick answers are:

          When are we going to see some numbers?

          Attendance numbers have been publicly available via the We'll Be There list here.

          How did the attendance compare to last year?

          Last year there were 306 registered attendees.  This year, we had 451.

          How many people actually took the bus tours.

          Seth can give you the more accurate numbers on this, but it was less than 15 each day I think.

          What did Porcfest cost?  How does that cost compare to past years?

          I'm still waiting on one expense and one revenue value from people, but the net cost is looking to be around $3000.  When I have the final account file complete, I'll send it out.

          -Rich