Re: [porcfest2007] Re: PF Theme

  • Lpb52
    Message 1 of 44 , Jan 3, 2007
      > HUH? I have to strongly disagree... I've seen little about hippie
      commune, and certainly not even Time reported it that way.

      Locally, yes. Concord Monitor, NH Sunday News, I forget what other local
      ones -- I don't have any clippings. Hmmm, perhaps I should start keeping a
      scrapbook, now that you mention it.

      > WHAT? As a former NH Info coord, I never once heard that. It's Cold,
      yes, I need a job, yes... but "It's too hippie"?

      I get the "I need a job ones". But, yes, within NH "I don't want them
      turning the state into a hippie commune", and out of state "run out the
      moonbats", and other folks along those lines, although I forget the exact
      quotes. And one memorable one on the F1K feedback list to that effect, that
      I won't quote here, lol. I agree with you on the reality, it's just the
      misperception and sometimes the misrepresentation.

      > Um, is that a yey or nay on the poster idea?

      It's a nay on the Woodstock parody, I'm sorry, Seth, lol.

      If anything, the self-sufficiency makes it more like, uh, that other "thing"
      in the desert which shall remain nameless, lol.

      Lynn
    • Andrea Roher
      Message 44 of 44 , Feb 7, 2007
        Here's the last post I have on the theme issue. :)

        --
        Andrea L. Roher
        Searching for my place in "Life, the Universe, and Everything" one day