Boats versus Women

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2006
      Hi Pete,

      The original reason for inventing boats was to get
      away from women. The bit about going fishing or
      looking for a short route to India was a cover story.
      History is with me on this one. Having women on board
      was an w-OMEN OF DISASTER, just like whistling, or
      sailing on a vessel that had been renamed.
      Now back to the ranch where little Billy, I mean
      Clermont of 1909, had been rescued from the middle of
      the Hudson River after being set loose from a pier
      fire. That was in 1922. Now it's 1929 and we're at
      Kingston Point, New York, where a rotting Clermont is
      about be broken up for salvage.

      http://mail.yahoo.com