Knack from Eddy's pop pop boat photo album

  • Xavier LUCAS
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2007
      Hi Every body,

      I haven't find a conversation concerning this boat and I was wondering
      if Franck can tell us more about the boat (length, weight, size of the
      pop-pop boat).

      I am actually looking at the construction of my own radio controlled
      pop-pop boat. I have find an interesting plan of a boat which is
      originally a scull boat. The length is around 16" and the weight will
      be around a pound I think. I prefer to use a two exhaust pipe pop-pop.

      If some of you have some suggestion, they are welcome ...

      Xavier
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 2007

        The following is infomation on Eddy's pop-pop boat. The hull is a spare mloded hull from the Gaupner Pollux tug kit. Hope this helps. Please post info on the progress of your project. Good luck.

        Pete

        Eddy's E-mail address: eddy@...

        Graupner Pollux Freelance Design Tug 1:100 Scale Kit for Radio Control

        This model is a freelance design of one of those tugs which can be found in any port. Despite her small dimensions (1:100th scale) Pollux is capable of tugging larger model ships and provides a most realistic impression.

        Adequate space is available inside the hull for the accommodation of R/C equipment having normal dimensions; so there's no need for miniaturization of parts. Thanks to its moulded hull and extruded superstructures the model can be easily and quickly assembled.

        Pack contents:
        Quickbuild plan with R/C installation, illustrated building instructions in Dutch, English, French and German. Moulded hull, superstructures, steering house with funnel, bridge and mast of ABS plastic. Die-cut wood parts, rudder shaft, decals miscellaneous plastic parts.

        RC functions:
        Forward - stop - backwards
        Infinitely variable speed control

        Specification: