Whose Working on What?

    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2007

      Whose Working on What?

      We're supposed to hibernate in the Winter! Anyone have a design or building project going?

      Cathy & I spent  3 days watching our grandchildren in CT and then I spent a 3 day weekend in the Wilds of Colebrook, NH. I helped a friend with some finish work on his log cabin.

      My hobby work is on the back burner until I get thru my Reunion coordination. All the planning is done. I have to finish up with the paperwork.

      Pete

    • wdsmith

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2007
          I'm trying to find a firewall, or maybe a fence, that will keep a
          large fuzzy virus away from my computer. The virus looks like a big
          kitten, eats cat food and poops in kitty litter. Right now though it
          is lying on my desk and trying to bite my fingers. At other times it
          has pushed the mouse off of the desk and walked across the keyboard to
          erase lines of text, or discover what various function keys and key
          combinations do when they are pressed by four feet.
          The virus seems to be getting more computer savvy because it has
          apparently discovered that the cursor isn't a flying bug that can be
          caught and eaten. There are inactive periods when the virus falls
          asleep. Oops, it waked up! End of message &*%

          --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, wdsmith <dsmith314@...> wrote:

          > Right now, I'm working on a design for an all-range, fire and forget,
          > lawyer-seeking missile.
          > Still ironing out some bugs. It keeps being distracted by cattle
          > feedlots and septic tanks.
          >

          > Pete B. wrote:
          > >
          > > Whose Working on What?
          > >
          > > We're supposed to hibernate in the Winter! Anyone have a design or
          > > building project going?
          > >
          > > Cathy & I spent 3 days watching our grandchildren in CT and then I
          > > spent a 3 day weekend in the Wilds of Colebrook, NH. I helped a
          friend
          > > with some finish work on his log cabin.
          > >
          > > My hobby work is on the back burner until I get thru my Reunion
          > > coordination. All the planning is done. I have to finish up with the
          > > paperwork.
          > >
          > > Pete

        • Dan Noyes
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2007
            Hi guys
            I've bee right out straight on full size sailboats...no pop popin for me untill after the 4th of july or so   :(
            Dan

            "Pete B." <georgeyyy@...> wrote:
            Whose Working on What?
            We're supposed to hibernate in the Winter! Anyone have a design or building project going?
            Cathy & I spent  3 days watching our grandchildren in CT and then I spent a 3 day weekend in the Wilds of Colebrook, NH. I helped a friend with some finish work on his log cabin.
            My hobby work is on the back burner until I get thru my Reunion coordination. All the planning is done. I have to finish up with the paperwork.
            Pete

            Building a website is a piece of cake.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2007

              Hi Dan,

              Sailing, building or re-building? Hope it's sailing!

              If I were younger I could get hooked on sailing. Several of my high school classmates are sailors. One in particular sails with the big boys (Dennis Connors). He also races R/C model sailboats for fun. Sandy is presently the Commissioner of The California Boating and Waterways Commission. We visited with him in '02 in San Diego where he is quite active in the community. The following year we visited  a classmate in Castine, ME. He and his wife took us out sailing on Penobscot Bay. It was quite a treat for my wife, her 1st time sailing.

              Enjoy yourself at what ever your activities may be.

              Pete

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 3, 2007
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 19, 2007

                  Hi Frank, Dave & all,

                  After your comments on keyboard problems etc. I couldn't pass up the changing of the home page picture.

                  Enjoy!

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 20, 2007
                    Hi Pete and All,

                    Cute picture of the sleeping cat. My only camera is built into an
                    iMac, so I had to use a mirror to get this picture of my computer
                    virus. You can probably tell that the virus has one foot on the
                    keyboard, is wearing a flea collar, and probably wonders what that old
                    person is up to now.

                    Best wishes to all, Frank