Fwd: GQ3 WWI & problem

    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2007

      The following message was posted to the ironclads group by a former
      member of pop-pop-steamboats who left the group recently. Chuck is a
      veteran, or should that be "inveterate" maritime war game player and
      has been an owner of at least one war game group that I know of.

      Best wishes, old Frank

      --- In ironclads@yahoogroups.com, Charles Duggie <mineadmiral@...> wrote:

      Hi;
      Looking forward to playing GQ3 WWI. Especially with John McM. Got
      1/1200 & 1/1250 WWI and earlier coming out the wazooooo. Not to
      mention 1/2400 and 1/6000.
      UNFORTUNATELY!!!
      Those of you who know me know that I have had 3 MAJOR neck
      surgeries to remove bone spurs from inside my vertebrae, last in 1991.
      The spurs press on the nerves and cause all kind of fun problems.
      Numbness, tingling, weakness, and loss of dexterity to start. Takes
      3-4 months to recuperate from surgery. Not fun!
      I have been having the above symptoms again for the last 2-3
      months, getting worse. My doctor sent me for a MRI 2 weeks ago. I have
      another bone spur growing in a vertebrae, pressing on spinal nerves.
      The last spurs were in the 4-6th cervical vertebrae, 4-6th down from
      the skull. Dangerous enough!
      THIS TIME I have a bone spur in the FIRST cervical vertebrae! The
      first one down from the skull! Nerves through here include ALL nerves
      down from the brain. The first 3 surgeries were through the neck,
      front and back. This time they will go in through the mouth and back
      of my throat. First 3 surgeries were dangerous. This is dangerous
      cubed! One slip and the surgeon could cut the nerves by accident. My
      surgeon is supposed to be the best in California, maybe best in USA.
      My surgery is tentatively planned for next Thursday, May 24. I'll
      find out next Wednesday. If any of you out there pray I could use the
      help.

      Good Gaming
      Chuck Duggie

      SO MANY MINIATURES!