Re: The New Home Page Picture

    Message 1 of 22 , May 3, 2007
      Hi Pete,

      Mike Moklak found the steam walker and asked me to post a link to it.
      I didn't discover until after I posted it that it has a tiny steam
      engine to drive the walking mechanism.
      Go to <http://tinyurl.com/ypa2oa> and scroll down for more views of
      the walker, then click on the MOVIE MEGA THEATER box for video of the
      walker and several other steam powered things in action.

      > Hi Frank,
      >
      > "Steam Walker"? I don't know if you googled or not. There are several
      > sites out there for unusual Steam Walkers. I must say that the "copper"
      > looking one on our homepage has more class than most! There's just
      > something about that copper and the old fashion design.
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no3c_9lwsj4
      > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no3c_9lwsj4>
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xylzN6J2N4s
      > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xylzN6J2N4s>
      >
      > Here are a couple of videos.

      > <frankmcneilll@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi All,
      > >
      > > Today's home page picture was contributed by Mike Moklak
      > > <growlermike>. It shows a Steam Walker and is an imaginative example
      > > of “steampunk” art associated with war game groups based
      > on the
      > > premise that space flight was developed during the 19th century
      > > Victorian period. A link titled “Steam Walker” has been
      > added to the
      > > links section. Thanks Mike.
      > >
      > > ttfn, Frank

    • Andres
      Message 2 of 22 , May 4, 2007
        Hi All:
        Did anybody follow the links behind this site? I found very
        interesting things, including pop pop submarines:
        http://tinyurl.com/2cl6tm
        Pop Pop boats and submarines:
        http://tinyurl.com/2yjftq
        Andrés

        Message 3 of 22 , May 5, 2007

          Hi Andres,

          Neat stuff! Thanks for the links. I hope that everyone will tak ethe time to check them and their associated links out.

          Pete

          --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Andres" <jerigonzacl@...> wrote:

          > Hi All:
          > Did anybody follow the links behind this site? I found very
          > interesting things, including pop pop submarines:
          > http://tinyurl.com/2cl6tm
          > Pop Pop boats and submarines:
          > http://tinyurl.com/2yjftq
          > Andrés
          >

          > > Hi Pete,
          > >
          > > Mike Moklak found the steam walker and asked me to post a link to it.
          > > I didn't discover until after I posted it that it has a tiny steam
          > > engine to drive the walking mechanism.
          > > Go to <http://tinyurl.com/ypa2oa> and scroll down for more views of
          > > the walker, then click on the MOVIE MEGA THEATER box for video of the
          > > walker and several other steam powered things in action.

        • frankmcneill
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 5, 2010
            Hi All,

            I "borrowed" Pete's picture of an ark with its "motley" crew and would like to dedicate it to motleyjustmotleynothingbutmotley a talented designer of card stock models that can be seen on the Paper Models discussion group and a new member of our little group of pop-pop boat enthusiasts.

            Frank
          • Motleyjust
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 5, 2010
              I am honored. I didn't think anyone noticed.

              Since you brought me up, a little self promotion:
              I have some art work, including the back cover, in a game book to be released first part of Oct.
              http://blackpigeonpress.com/archives/2032
              It will premier at Archon in St. Louis, MO Oct. 1.  I will be there to sign copies with the author and other artists.

              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 6, 2010
                Hi All,

                The latest home page picture shows Motleyjust's back cover.

                Best wishes, Frank