Re: The New Home Page Picture

    Message 1 of 22 , May 3, 2007

      Hi Frank,

      "Steam Walker"? I don't know if you googled or not. There are several sites out there for unusual Steam Walkers. I must say that the "copper" looking one on our homepage has more class than most! There's just something about that copper and the old fashion design.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no3c_9lwsj4

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xylzN6J2N4s

      Here are a couple of videos.

      Message 2 of 22 , May 3, 2007
        Hi Pete,

        Mike Moklak found the steam walker and asked me to post a link to it.
        I didn't discover until after I posted it that it has a tiny steam
        engine to drive the walking mechanism.
        Go to <http://tinyurl.com/ypa2oa> and scroll down for more views of
        the walker, then click on the MOVIE MEGA THEATER box for video of the
        walker and several other steam powered things in action.

        > Hi Frank,
        >
        > "Steam Walker"? I don't know if you googled or not. There are several
        > sites out there for unusual Steam Walkers. I must say that the "copper"
        > looking one on our homepage has more class than most! There's just
        > something about that copper and the old fashion design.
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no3c_9lwsj4
        > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no3c_9lwsj4>
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xylzN6J2N4s
        > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xylzN6J2N4s>
        >
        > Here are a couple of videos.

        > <frankmcneilll@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi All,
        > >
        > > Today's home page picture was contributed by Mike Moklak
        > > <growlermike>. It shows a Steam Walker and is an imaginative example
        > > of “steampunk” art associated with war game groups based
        > on the
        > > premise that space flight was developed during the 19th century
        > > Victorian period. A link titled “Steam Walker” has been
        > added to the
        > > links section. Thanks Mike.
        > >
        > > ttfn, Frank

      • Andres
        Message 3 of 22 , May 4, 2007
          Hi All:
          Did anybody follow the links behind this site? I found very
          interesting things, including pop pop submarines:
          http://tinyurl.com/2cl6tm
          Pop Pop boats and submarines:
          http://tinyurl.com/2yjftq
          Andrés

          Message 4 of 22 , May 5, 2007

            Hi Andres,

            Neat stuff! Thanks for the links. I hope that everyone will tak ethe time to check them and their associated links out.

            Pete

            --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Andres" <jerigonzacl@...> wrote:

            > Hi All:
            > Did anybody follow the links behind this site? I found very
            > interesting things, including pop pop submarines:
            > http://tinyurl.com/2cl6tm
            > Pop Pop boats and submarines:
            > http://tinyurl.com/2yjftq
            > Andrés
            >

            > > Hi Pete,
            > >
            > > Mike Moklak found the steam walker and asked me to post a link to it.
            > > I didn't discover until after I posted it that it has a tiny steam
            > > engine to drive the walking mechanism.
            > > Go to <http://tinyurl.com/ypa2oa> and scroll down for more views of
            > > the walker, then click on the MOVIE MEGA THEATER box for video of the
            > > walker and several other steam powered things in action.

          • frankmcneill
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 5, 2010

              I "borrowed" Pete's picture of an ark with its "motley" crew and would like to dedicate it to motleyjustmotleynothingbutmotley a talented designer of card stock models that can be seen on the Paper Models discussion group and a new member of our little group of pop-pop boat enthusiasts.

              Frank
            • Motleyjust
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 5, 2010
                I am honored. I didn't think anyone noticed.

                Since you brought me up, a little self promotion:
                I have some art work, including the back cover, in a game book to be released first part of Oct.
                http://blackpigeonpress.com/archives/2032
                It will premier at Archon in St. Louis, MO Oct. 1.  I will be there to sign copies with the author and other artists.

                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 6, 2010

                  The latest home page picture shows Motleyjust's back cover.

                  Best wishes, Frank