The New Home Page Picture

    Message 1 of 22 , May 2, 2007

      Today's home page picture was contributed by Mike Moklak
      <growlermike>. It shows a Steam Walker and is an imaginative example
      of “steampunk” art associated with war game groups based on the
      premise that space flight was developed during the 19th century
      Victorian period. A link titled “Steam Walker” has been added to the
      links section. Thanks Mike.

      ttfn, Frank
      Message 2 of 22 , May 3, 2007

        Hi Frank,

        "Steam Walker"? I don't know if you googled or not. There are several sites out there for unusual Steam Walkers. I must say that the "copper" looking one on our homepage has more class than most! There's just something about that copper and the old fashion design.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no3c_9lwsj4

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xylzN6J2N4s

        Here are a couple of videos.

        Message 3 of 22 , May 3, 2007
          Hi Pete,

          Mike Moklak found the steam walker and asked me to post a link to it.
          I didn't discover until after I posted it that it has a tiny steam
          engine to drive the walking mechanism.
          Go to <http://tinyurl.com/ypa2oa> and scroll down for more views of
          the walker, then click on the MOVIE MEGA THEATER box for video of the
          walker and several other steam powered things in action.

          > Hi Frank,
          >
          > "Steam Walker"? I don't know if you googled or not. There are several
          > sites out there for unusual Steam Walkers. I must say that the "copper"
          > looking one on our homepage has more class than most! There's just
          > something about that copper and the old fashion design.
          >
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no3c_9lwsj4
          > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no3c_9lwsj4>
          >
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xylzN6J2N4s
          > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xylzN6J2N4s>
          >
          > Here are a couple of videos.

          > <frankmcneilll@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi All,
          > >
          > > Today's home page picture was contributed by Mike Moklak
          > > <growlermike>. It shows a Steam Walker and is an imaginative example
          > > of “steampunk” art associated with war game groups based
          > on the
          > > premise that space flight was developed during the 19th century
          > > Victorian period. A link titled “Steam Walker” has been
          > added to the
          > > links section. Thanks Mike.
          > >
          > > ttfn, Frank

        • Andres
          Message 4 of 22 , May 4, 2007
            Hi All:
            Did anybody follow the links behind this site? I found very
            interesting things, including pop pop submarines:
            http://tinyurl.com/2cl6tm
            Pop Pop boats and submarines:
            http://tinyurl.com/2yjftq
            Andrés

            Message 5 of 22 , May 5, 2007

              Hi Andres,

              Neat stuff! Thanks for the links. I hope that everyone will tak ethe time to check them and their associated links out.

              Pete

              --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Andres" <jerigonzacl@...> wrote:

              > Hi All:
              > Did anybody follow the links behind this site? I found very
              > interesting things, including pop pop submarines:
              > http://tinyurl.com/2cl6tm
              > Pop Pop boats and submarines:
              > http://tinyurl.com/2yjftq
              > Andrés
              >

              > > Hi Pete,
              > >
              > > Mike Moklak found the steam walker and asked me to post a link to it.
              > > I didn't discover until after I posted it that it has a tiny steam
              > > engine to drive the walking mechanism.
              > > Go to <http://tinyurl.com/ypa2oa> and scroll down for more views of
              > > the walker, then click on the MOVIE MEGA THEATER box for video of the
              > > walker and several other steam powered things in action.

            • frankmcneill
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 5, 2010

                I "borrowed" Pete's picture of an ark with its "motley" crew and would like to dedicate it to motleyjustmotleynothingbutmotley a talented designer of card stock models that can be seen on the Paper Models discussion group and a new member of our little group of pop-pop boat enthusiasts.

                Frank
              • Motleyjust
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 5, 2010
                  I am honored. I didn't think anyone noticed.

                  Since you brought me up, a little self promotion:
                  I have some art work, including the back cover, in a game book to be released first part of Oct.
                  http://blackpigeonpress.com/archives/2032
                  It will premier at Archon in St. Louis, MO Oct. 1.  I will be there to sign copies with the author and other artists.

                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 6, 2010

                    The latest home page picture shows Motleyjust's back cover.

                    Best wishes, Frank