MORE SAUCE FOR GOOSE OR GANDER

    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 8, 2007

      Moving right along, this is a clip from our second link to a member's
      business, home page or web site. This one was clipped from the top of
      Buzz McMillian's "Buzz's Boatyard" at: <http://www.buzzboats.com/>.

      Best wishes, old Frank
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 9, 2007
        Our third link to a member's web site or company is to the Deerfield
        River Laser company's web site. The company is owned by our member Ed
        Fillion and his wife Diane. Go to
        <http://www.deerfieldriverlaser.com/> for more than can be seen in the
        clip.

        Best wishes, Frank
      • James or Carmen Dugan
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 10, 2007
          Posted by: "Frank McNeill" frankmcneilll@... frankmcneilll
          > Our third link to a member's web site or company is to the Deerfield
          > River Laser company's web site. The company is owned by our member Ed
          > Fillion and his wife Diane. Go to
          > <http://www.deerfieldriverlaser.com/> for more than can be seen in the
          > clip.

          Wow, looks like some quality stuff! It's too bad I don't have the room
          for O gauge trains! Ever consider doing HO or N gauge? I can do a nice
          layout with a 2' X 4' piece of plywood using N gauge - did one for my
          son, but he lost interest in it and went for LEGOS.....
          :)

          There's also gaming stuff that's in 25mm up to 35mm scale, and "Epic"
          scale (1/300) - but I suppose that's an ENTIRELY different field -
          especially if you're using a laser engraver to cut the parts (at least,
          that's what I gathered from my viewing of your site.
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 11, 2007

            Our fourth link to a member's web site or company is to Graham
            McAllister's web site about the kits for radio controlled Footy class
            racing sailboats that he produces and markets. For more about Graham's
            innovative kit designs go to <http://www.scalesailing.com/intropag.htm>.

            Best wishes, old Frank
          • edfillion448@cs.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 12, 2007
              Hi James,

              Thanks for looking and for the compliments. At the moment, we sell O scale, narrow gauge kits. We do laser cut HO kits for another manufacturer, Railway Design Assoc. We also have plans to go into S and HO kits ourselves. N gauge is not likely in the near future. One problem of doing multi scale kits is the shear volume of parts you must buy from suppliers like Grandt Line. They supply styrene windows and doors in each scale, as well as detail parts. You buy parts by the hundred sprues to get the discount, so you better be able to "turn" your inventory by selling kits and not let the parts sit on a shelf.

              Yes, we have a laser for cutting and engraving. War gaming is something I'm not knowledgable on. They do go from guys using items not in scale with each other to scenes so detailed that they look real. If a war gamer (or any one else) wanted something special that they could market, or just wanted for them selves, we could work with them from drawings or photos, or from a Corel drawing.

              For working with the kids, I highly recommend On30 by Bachmann. The engines and cars are large enough to handle, cheap enough and will take curves sometimes tighter than HO. We have guys running On30 short locomotives and cars arround 6 and 12 inch radius curves, although most use 18 inch or more if they can. We have guys with a layout in a pizza box, in O scale. So your 2 X 4 foot plywood would work in On30, and you can tie in Legos with the railroad.

              By the way, they never actually outgrow the Legos. We have a tradition at Christmas to still give each of our kids a small Lego set, they are 25 to 35 now, and they have to make what ever kit it is right then. They love it.

              Take care, Ed Fillion, Deerfield River Laser

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 13, 2007

                Our fifth link to a member's web site or company is to Guy
                Vandegrift's web site at <http://faculty.valpo.edu/gvandegr/>.

                Best wishes, old Frank
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 15, 2007

                  Our sixth link to a member's web site or company is to Holger
                  Zuhmann's web site at <http://www.zuhmann.de/> which shows a list of
                  topics on the left side of his hope page (with my additions)

                  Kyosho ep concept (RC helicopter model)

                  Meine Dudelsackecke! (Holger's homemade bagpipe)

                  Hier wohne ich (Holger's location map)

                  E-mail schicken: I-Mehl

                  The clip ou our home page shows Holger's location map

                  Best wishes, old Frank
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 16, 2007

                    Our seventh link to a member's web site or company is to Jean Claude's
                    Home Page at <http://www.homestead.com/turnandmill/>. There is a list
                    of Jean Claude's interests, and some links, on the left side of the page.

                    Best wishes, old Frank
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 18, 2007

                      Our eighth link to a member's web site or company is to John Mansky's
                      Home Page at <http://www.geocities.com/johnpmansky/mypage.html>.
                      To see pictures of John's beautiful scratch-built models click on the
                      link for page 2, then go back for page 3, back for page 4 and back for
                      page 5. If you haven't visited John's web site before, sign his guest
                      book and leave a message, because John doesn't get out and about as
                      much as he has in the past.

                      Best wishes, old Frank
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 21, 2007

                        Our ninth link to a member's web site or company is to Loïc Lebécel's
                        WEB SITE at <http://www.eclecticspace.net/>.

                        Best wishes, old Frank
                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 23, 2007

                          Our tenth link to a member's web site or company is to Mike Dugan's
                          Web Page at <http://www.geocities.com/thedugan/projects/index.htm>.

                          Best wishes, old Frank
                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 26, 2007

                            Our eleventh link to a member's web site or company is to Patrick
                            Wentsel's web site at <http://www.patrickwentzel.com/>.

                            Best wishes, old Frank
                          • danoyes1
                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 28, 2007
                              Hi Patrick
                              any idea where the Salisbury Beach Ma. (full size)carousell is
                              today? it was sold to California in the 1980's after close to 100
                              yrs. on the beach, then it was aparently sold again and several
                              locals have been unable to track it down? is there a historic
                              carousel registry somewhere?
                              Dan

                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 28, 2007

                                Hi Dan,

                                http://www.equiworld.net/uk/ezine/0104/carousel.htm

                                Check this website out. Apparently the Carousel went to San Diego and was auctioned off by an auction house in Michigan. They may be able to point you in the right direction.

                                Originally the Carousel was run on steam and converted to electricity at Salisbury.

                                Hope this helps your search.

                                Regards,

                                Pete

                                --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "danoyes1" <danoyes1@...> wrote:

                                > Hi Patrick
                                > any idea where the Salisbury Beach Ma. (full size)carousell is
                                > today? it was sold to California in the 1980's after close to 100
                                > yrs. on the beach, then it was aparently sold again and several
                                > locals have been unable to track it down? is there a historic
                                > carousel registry somewhere?
                                > Dan

                                > frankmcneilll@ wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Hi All,
                                > >
                                > > Our eleventh link to a member's web site or company is to Patrick
                                > > Wentsel's web site at <http://www.patrickwentzel.com/>.
                                > >
                                > > Best wishes, old Frank

                              • danoyes1
                                Message 15 of 15 , May 3, 2007
                                  Thanks for the lead pete, I have to pass this along to the
                                  historical comission.
                                  those horse carvings just got me think about some of the marvelous
                                  creatures on the Salisbury carousel.
                                  Dan

                                  p.s. hope to have the pop pop dory fired up this weekend!