Plan for a pop-pop boat

    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 12 6:26 AM

      David Hathaway, our paper models advisor, sent this note to me:

      "Frank

      Saw this and thought of you ...
      Take a look at Ebay item number 110100610372

      Regards

      David"

      I took a look, as suggested, and found a picture of—
      Model Boats Magazine for August.1979

      CONTAINS FREE PLAN.

      Although this magazine is 28 years old it is still much sought after
      by modellers for the features and periodic advertisments that are inside.

      Features include:-
      KIT REVIEW. "Tradition" a seine net trawler. by Amnico.
      PLAN FEATURE. S.S. Kinabalu. Far East Coasting Steamer.
      TRADITIONAL STEAM ENGINES.
      SPRAY RAILS. Power Boat column.

      FREE PLAN."Brigitte" Steam Launch for the USE pop-pop engine.

      FIGHTING FLEETS IN MINATURE. King Geaorge V class.
      FEATURE. Duchess of Montrose. One modellers efforts at a 1/4"-1ft
      scale Clyde Turbine Steamer.
      THE STEAM GUNBOATS OF THE ROYAL NAVY. Pt 3 Weapons. contains scale
      drawings.
      SS. Great Britain. Decoration.
      MODEL BOATING WITH RADIO CONTROL. Linkages.
      RIGGING A TREE MASTED SCHOONER.

      The item is offered in sound condition.

      ttfn, Frank
    • d_mcilvaine
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 13 9:46 AM
        Thanks a lot Frank! Now many of us might bid on it and drive the price way way up. :<0
        :<0 :<0 :<0

        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Frank McNeill" <frankmcneilll@...>

        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 13 12:17 PM
          Don't worry about it. Nobody on this group has any interest in
          building pop-pop boats. old Frank

          --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "d_mcilvaine"

          SNIP--------
          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 13 2:03 PM

            > Don't worry about it. Nobody on this group has any interest in
            > building pop-pop boats. old Frank

            Old Frank,

            I'm surprised by your comment! I thought that you were more of an optimist than pessimist. There are many in the group that have or want to build pop-pop boats. All you have to do is look at some of the websites or links to see that you might have over stated your case. I hope that it doesn't become a self fulfuilling prophecy!

            Your focus is on paper models and their conversion to pop-pops through polymer clay, water-proofing, etc. Although I hold interest in your paper pop-pops it's not my present focus and probably not that of others either. I quick recollection of those that have built boats brings but a partial list of; David Halfpenny, Slater Harrison , Richard Jenkins, Eric Knispel, Mike Moklak, Dan Noyes, Jean-Yves Renaud. I apologize for those that I can't remember. I know that there are a couple of grandfathers out there that mentioned working on boats with their grandkids.

            My focus is still a copper & brass North River. It's going slower than I would like but not forgotten. The ground work is going full bore for my 50th Grammer School Reunion in August. I have also just heard from the Webmaster of the Manchester, NH School district. They are working on putting my School History project on their Website. They need my input. I have also been consulting for the North River Steamboat Model being built for the State of NY. I'm presently looking for info on the copper boiler. I work 40+ hours a week and have a wife, kids and grandkids too. So the actual building of my pop-pop is out a few months perhaps. Again, I doubt that I am the only one to have a full plate.

            Your ideas for a paper pop-pop are both interesting and challenging. I know that you have limited space but you may be able to work as a consultant to friends or a local high school on putting a prototype together. Be the first to have a working model of a non-traditional boat. Share the process with the rest of us. What do you think?

            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 13 4:21 PM

              > <frankmcneilll@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Don't worry about it. Nobody on this group has any interest in
              > > building pop-pop boats. old Frank
              >

              > Old Frank,
              >
              > I'm surprised by your comment! I thought that you were more of an
              > optimist than pessimist. There are many in the group that have or want
              > to build pop-pop boats. All you have to do is look at some of the
              > websites or links to see that you might have over stated your case. I
              > hope that it doesn't become a self fulfuilling prophecy!
              >
              > Your focus is on paper models and their conversion to pop-pops through
              > polymer clay, water-proofing, etc. Although I hold interest in your
              > paper pop-pops it's not my present focus and probably not that of others
              > either. I quick recollection of those that have built boats brings but a
              > partial list of; David Halfpenny, Slater Harrison, Richard Jenkins, Eric
              > Knispel, Mike Moklak, Dan Noyes, Jean-Yves Renaud. I apologize for those
              > that I can't remember. I know that there are a couple of grandfathers
              > out there that mentioned working on boats with their grandkids.
              >
              > My focus is still a copper & brass North River. It's going slower than I
              > would like but not forgotten. The ground work is going full bore for my
              > 50th Grammer School Reunion in August. I have also just heard from the
              > Webmaster of the Manchester, NH School district. They are working on
              > putting my School History project on their Website. They need my input.
              > I have also been consulting for the North River Steamboat Model being
              > built for the State of NY. I'm presently looking for info on the copper
              > boiler. I work 40+ hours a week and have a wife, kids and grandkids too.
              > So the actual building of my pop-pop is out a few months perhaps. Again,
              > I doubt that I am the only one to have a full plate.
              >
              > Your ideas for a paper pop-pop are both interesting and challenging. I
              > know that you have limited space but you may be able to work as a
              > consultant to friends or a local high school on putting a prototype
              > together. Be the first to have a working model of a non-traditional
              > boat. Share the process with the rest of us. What do you think?
              >
              > Pete

              Dear Pete,

              If you are recycled as a fish in some future reincarnation, please try
              to remember that there are people like me that will throw bait in the
              water to see if the fish are biting that day.

              best wishes, old Frank
            • danoyes1
              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 13 4:28 PM
                Paper pop pop's, a great Idea!!!
                I like the idea of modeling a pop pop in paper, I kind of assumed
                the end result was a paper template to be used to make a sheet metal
                pop pop from, as paper is similar to sheet metal but much easier to
                cut bend and tack together, It seems any boat built in paper could
                then be transfered to sheet metal and built, what about a tinfoil
                pop pop mabey some of this industrial strength tinfoil or how about
                the thin copper used in art class to create relief pannels and the
                like, that might be a great final building material, I rember
                cutting it with heavy scisors. it is pretty rigid and non flamable!
                any other ideas?
                Dan

                use to --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Pete B."

                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 13 5:08 PM
                  Hi Dan,

                  Hardly an original idea though because I lot of people have done it.
                  During the latter part of the 19th century, the largest manufacturer
                  of small boats in the US made them out of paper. See Ken's Paper Boat
                  Page at <http://kcupery.home.isp-direct.com/> for the details.
                  The advantages of using kits for paper boats are that the people who
                  design them put a lot of research into a process— some of the kits are
                  free and most are relatively inexpensive compared to other types of
                  kits, and best of all, paper boats, don't have to be painted or
                  detailed! To make paper boats waterproof and stronger, all that is
                  required is something to use as a substitute for the lignin that was
                  removed to provide cellulosic fibers for the production of the paper.
                  There are a lot of "somethings" that can be used for that purpose.

                  old Frank

                  --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "danoyes1" <danoyes1@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Paper pop pop's, a great Idea!!!
                  > I like the idea of modeling a pop pop in paper, I kind of assumed
                  > the end result was a paper template to be used to make a sheet metal
                  > pop pop from, as paper is similar to sheet metal but much easier to
                  > cut bend and tack together, It seems any boat built in paper could
                  > then be transfered to sheet metal and built, what about a tinfoil
                  > pop pop mabey some of this industrial strength tinfoil or how about
                  > the thin copper used in art class to create relief pannels and the
                  > like, that might be a great final building material, I rember
                  > cutting it with heavy scisors. it is pretty rigid and non flamable!
                  > any other ideas?
                  > Dan

                  SNIP-SNIP---
                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 13 6:06 PM
                    From: "danoyes1" <danoyes1@...>

                    > how about
                    > the thin copper used in art class to create relief pannels and the
                    > like, that might be a great final building material, I rember
                    > cutting it with heavy scisors. it is pretty rigid and non flamable!

                    Called Tooling Foil and available in little over-priced squares from gurly
                    scrapbooking / card-making shops.

                    Also available in UK from Fred Aldous Order Line 08707 517 301 in rolls
                    three feet by one foot.

                    Metals available: copper brass aluminium and pewter. Aluminium is cheapest
                    and brass the most sensible.

                    David 1/2d
                  • wdsmith
                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 13 7:25 PM
                      Don't run for cover!
                      That noise was a normal dound when I pull my head out of my.........  err.......well....... I finally had an idea!!!

                      I used Teslin for cook book covers and other rough environment covers and documents.

                      http://www.transilwrap.com/products/index.cfm?pID=2
                      http://www.arlon.com/ecp/duralon.asp
                      http://www.valeron.com/products.html?source=GoogleadwordsVMAX&gclid=CNP4gcya84oCFRlmWAodFRECpw
                      http://www.polyart.com/news_editorial_text1.html

                      Message 10 of 26 , Mar 14 4:14 AM

                        > Dear Pete,
                        >
                        > If you are recycled as a fish in some future reincarnation, please try
                        > to remember that there are people like me that will throw bait in the
                        > water to see if the fish are biting that day.
                        >
                        > best wishes, old Frank

                        Good morning Fank,

                        I guess I took that hook!   >===,<*> ~. I've had a bug for a couple of days and haven't been getting my beauty sleep. When I read your comment I saw the words and not your intent. I had to let off a little Steam! I'm sure being tired contributed to taking you seriously. That's a bad choice of words. Change that to literally! :))

                        You have this group interacting, often taking "the road less travelled". You have worked/played hard to reach this point. I'd hate to see us lose any of our valuable members. I suspect before too long we'll start seeing the fruits of everyone's efforts.

                        Message 11 of 26 , Mar 14 6:40 AM

                          > > Dear Pete,
                          > >
                          > > If you are recycled as a fish in some future reincarnation, please try
                          > > to remember that there are people like me that will throw bait in the
                          > > water to see if the fish are biting that day.
                          > >
                          > > best wishes, old Frank
                          > >
                          > Good morning Fank,
                          >
                          > I'm sure being tired contributed to taking you seriously. That's a bad

                          Hi Pete,

                          "Seriously" was the right word. I am a 6th generation native of Texas,
                          where lying is an art form. I do it for practice, not for any
                          financial gain or political advancement, as other Houstonians and some
                          so-called Texans have done. You have been warned so don't take me too
                          seriously from now on.
                          Best wishes for a rapid recovery from whatever it is you are
                          recovering from, old Frank
                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 14 4:28 PM
                            Hi WD,

                            If you just heard something, it was probably caused by dragging your
                            links to synthetic paper like materials into a folder titled Synthetic
                            Paper. I thought the pop-pop links section was a mess until I saw all
                            the links in your cave of doom. Best wishes, and thanks for the links
                            to what appear to be some interesting materials for the construction
                            of pop-pop boats.

                            old Frank

                            --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, wdsmith <dsmith314@...> wrote:

                            > Don't run for cover!
                            > That noise was a normal dound when I pull my head out of my.........
                            > err.......well....... I finally had an idea!!!
                            >
                            > I used Teslin for cook book covers and other rough environment covers
                            > and documents.
                            >
                            > http://www.transilwrap.com/products/index.cfm?pID=2
                            > http://www.arlon.com/ecp/duralon.asp

                            http://www.valeron.com/products.html?source=GoogleadwordsVMAX&gclid=CNP4gcya84oCFRlmWAodFRECpw
                            > http://www.polyart.com/news_editorial_text1.html

                            SNIP— SNIP— SNIP—
                          • danoyes1
                            Message 13 of 26 , Mar 14 6:03 PM
                              HI Frank
                              ooooh, light dawns on marble head! I thought you were talking about
                              these little paper cut-out kits with fold-over tabs and scotch
                              tape...etc.
                              The paper boat page is very interesting, yes I agree that a paper
                              mache type hull for a pop pop would be a thing of beauty, complex
                              curves should be easy with the glue soaked paper and a very
                              beautifull and shapely hull might be achieved, I guess you could
                              also use fiberglass but the paper seems to lend it's self to the old
                              tyme astetic of steam powered craft!
                              Dan

                              Message 14 of 26 , Mar 15 5:26 AM
                                Hi Dan,

                                Actually, I was talking about cut out kitsâ€" that are usually made of
                                card stock, which is a bit heavier than typing paper, because they are
                                the largest source for intensively researched models of 19th century
                                steamboats. Go to: <http://www.papershipwright.co.uk/index.shtml> for
                                examples. David Hathaway's kits are for waterline models that could be
                                converted into working models by making them waterproof, providing
                                some reinforcement where needed, and adding what I suppose would be
                                called sub-waterline hulls with shrouded pop-pop engines and exhaust
                                tubes that would fit inside the stacks of card stock models. The sub
                                hulls could be made of just about anything, including paper, which
                                becomes more like wood, when something is added as a substitute for
                                the lignin that was removed from the wood used to produce the paper.
                                There are not very many kits or plans for small models of old
                                steamboats and ships, but there are hundreds of kits and plans for
                                paper or card stock models that could be turned into working models.
                                and eventually radio controllable working models. old Frank

                                Message 15 of 26 , Mar 15 6:10 AM
                                  From: "Frank McNeill" <frankmcneilll@...>

                                  Go to: <http://www.papershipwright.co.uk/index.shtml> for
                                  examples.

                                  One of David Hathaway's lovely kits is for the RMV Scillonian II, an
                                  English island ferry, to 1/250 scale. This reminded me that there's a plan
                                  and instructions for this ship in the book "Cardboard Engineering with
                                  Scissors and Paste" by GH Deason. (Deason uses the name RMS Scillonian,
                                  which was an older steamship on the same ferry run. He can be forgiven
                                  because the official photo omits the "II".)

                                  The drawing in the book is 1/96 scale, with practical instructions for a
                                  1/48 electric working model, which could just as well have been live
                                  steam. RMV Scillonian II has a substantial single uptake, and would suit a
                                  pop-pop very nicely, either in 1/250 or 1/96 scale. A decent tin
                                  boiler-room would allow multiple pop-pop motors to share the same uptake.

                                  The book also has instructions for a card working model of the 1860 paddle
                                  tug Anglia, which famously towed Cleopatra's Needle (obelisk) from Egypt to
                                  London. Anglia is fun because she had three uptakes, one in front of the
                                  paddles and two behind (yeah I know that's not sailor-speak) plus a couple
                                  of masts for those awkward moments. Deason's model has a gumstrip hull made
                                  on a male plug, and is simply waterproofed with shellac and paint. His
                                  drawing is nicely pop-pop sized at 9" long, and his instructions make an
                                  electic model 18" long: "not for heavy-weather work"!

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Mar 15 7:40 AM
                                    --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny" <dh1@...>
                                    wrote:

> [...]

                                    Hi David,

                                    Thanks for pointing me toward David Hathaway's RMV Scillonian II which
                                    would make a very nice pop-pop boat 10 inches by 1-1/2 wide with a
                                    simple superstructure that could be lifted off for access to the
                                    pop-pop propulsion setup. I have been so obsessed by David's kits for
                                    ironclads and battleships that I simply overlooked this one. I have
                                    tried several times to cajole David into joining the group, and most
                                    recently, into converting some of his kits into kits that could be
                                    assembled for use as pop-pop boats. His latest reply was that his day
                                    job and extensive research for developing new kits leave very little
                                    time for anything else. David did respond to a request for advice in
                                    working with card stock kit designers and copyright owners, and that
                                    advice has been converted to a pdf file that can be downloaded from
                                    the files section. Frank
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Mar 15 9:30 AM

                                      "Hi David,

                                      Thanks for pointing me toward David Hathaway's RMV Scillonian II which would make a very nice pop-pop boat 10 inches by 1-1/2 wide with a simple superstructure that could be lifted off for access to the pop-pop propulsion setup."

                                      Hi ALL-

                                      I quoted Frank in one of his favorite colors! I missed the RMV Scillonian II also. Dave 1/2d, I agree that it has ideal lines to convert into a pop-pop. Perhaps we should try to get a copy of the kit to work on. The appealing thing about Frank's paper pop-pop is that you don't need a workshop or a lot of special tools. It could almost be constructed on the dining room table.

                                      Today's Homepage Picture is a good example of what a pop-pop can be. Thanks Dan and Frank for posting the image for us all to share. The sunlight really makes the colors jump out. Dan, I'll have to get over to Newberry to see her under way! Please let us know when your next meet is. THX.

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Mar 15 10:25 AM
                                        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Pete B." <georgeyyy@...> wrote:

                                        > "Hi David,
                                        >
                                        > Thanks for pointing me toward David Hathaway's RMV Scillonian II which
                                        > would make a very nice pop-pop boat 10 inches by 1-1/2 wide with a
                                        > simple superstructure that could be lifted off for access to the pop-pop
                                        > propulsion setup."
                                        >

                                        > Hi ALL-
                                        >
                                        > I quoted Frank in one of his favorite colors! I missed the RMV
                                        > Scillonian II also. Dave 1/2d, I agree that it has ideal lines to
                                        > convert into a pop-pop. Perhaps we should try to get a copy of the kit
                                        > to work on. The appealing thing about Frank's paper pop-pop is that you
                                        > don't need a workshop or a lot of special tools. It could almost be
                                        > constructed on the dining room table.
                                        >
                                        > Today's Homepage Picture is a good example of what a pop-pop can be.
                                        > Thanks Dan and Frank for posting the image for us all to share. The
                                        > sunlight really makes the colors jump out. Dan, I'll have to get over to
                                        > Newberry to see her under way! Please let us know when your next meet
                                        > is. THX.
                                        >
                                        > Pete

                                        Hi Pete, I am trying to remember what my favorite color is called and how to find it. Please take a look at the color chart and let me know which row and column to use from now on. old Frank

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Mar 15 1:14 PM

                                          > Hi Pete, I am trying to remember what my favorite color is called and
                                          > how to find it. Please take a look at the color chart and let me know
                                          > which row and column to use from now on. old Frank

                                          If I remember correctly you said it was  " Pink Lipstick" . But then your Mac makes all reds hot pink, so just go to the reds and take a stab! ENJOY.

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Mar 15 2:23 PM
                                            --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Pete B." <georgeyyy@...> wrote:

                                            > > Hi Pete, I am trying to remember what my favorite color is called and
                                            > > how to find it. Please take a look at the color chart and let me know
                                            > > which row and column to use from now on. old Frank
                                            >
                                            > If I remember correctly you said it was " Pink Lipstick" . But then
                                            > your Mac makes all reds hot pink, so just go to the reds and take a
                                            > stab! ENJOY.
                                            >
                                            > Pete

                                            Thanks Pete, It all comes back to me now, because I replied that everything that isn't blue or green looks like pink because I have my monitor set for thousands of colors instead of quadrillions and wish I still had an old mac that could be set for dozens of colors, or just black and white and any font, as long as it was helvetia- or did I just make that up?
                                          • danoyes1
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Mar 16 4:45 PM
                                              Hi all
                                              Frank I enjoyed the "paper ship wright" page alot. I am a bit of an
                                              ironclad buff! how about taking the patern for the monitor,
                                              enlarging it to 3-4 ft. and doing it in sheetmetal, do the below the
                                              water line in wood (the real monitor was wood below the waterline)
                                              cut the metal into sections and use escution pins to attach it to
                                              the wood base, they will look like rivets, do the turret in several
                                              layers and rivet them together...wow! any way I enjoyed the website
                                              thanks!

                                              about the hammerhead boiler, it was designed by a friend of mine,
                                              Jole Peck, as an improvement on the standard barrel boiler.
                                              happy popin'
                                              Dan

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Mar 16 6:18 PM
                                                wrote:

                                                > Hi all
                                                > Frank I enjoyed the "paper ship wright" page alot. I am a bit of an
                                                > ironclad buff! how about taking the patern for the monitor,
                                                > enlarging it to 3-4 ft. and doing it in sheetmetal, do the below the
                                                > water line in wood (the real monitor was wood below the waterline)
                                                > cut the metal into sections and use escution pins to attach it to
                                                > the wood base, they will look like rivets, do the turret in several
                                                > layers and rivet them together...wow! any way I enjoyed the website
                                                > thanks!
                                                >
                                                > about the hammerhead boiler, it was designed by a friend of mine,
                                                > Jole Peck, as an improvement on the standard barrel boiler.
                                                > happy popin'
                                                > Dan

                                                Hi Dan,

                                                I believe that the monitor is sold as a kit, and is copyrighted as
                                                most kits and plans for cardstock models are. There is a PDF in the
                                                files section with information that David Hathaway provided about
                                                dealing with copyrighted material. One suggestion he made was to
                                                contact copyright owners before attempting to convert plans for
                                                cardstock kits into pop-pop boats. David's snail mail and e-mail
                                                addresses are:
                                                David Hathaway
                                                Paper Shipwright
                                                28 Hayster Drive
                                                Cambridge
                                                CB1 9PB UK
                                                info@...

                                                ttfn, Frank
                                              • wdsmith
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Mar 17 3:10 PM
                                                  Now I'm curious.
                                                  Did you fins ANY that still work?
                                                  If my lawyer ever gets his new Mercedes paid off, I'm going to spend some time updating that thing.
                                                  It has been years.   :-(

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Mar 17 3:38 PM
                                                    Hi WD,

                                                    All of your links to synthetic paper materials work, or did when I
                                                    found them. I should probably check them though, to make sure they
                                                    weren't infected by whatever it was that killed all those dead links
                                                    in your cave of doom.

                                                    Best wishes, Frank

                                                    --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, wdsmith <dsmith314@...> wrote:

                                                    > Now I'm curious.
                                                    > Did you fins ANY that still work?
                                                    > If my lawyer ever gets his new Mercedes paid off, I'm going to spend
                                                    > some time updating that thing.
                                                    > It has been years*. :-*(
                                                    >
                                                    > Frank McNeill wrote:
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Hi WD,
                                                    > >
                                                    > > If you just heard something, it was probably caused by dragging your
                                                    > > links to synthetic paper like materials into a folder titled Synthetic
                                                    > > Paper. I thought the pop-pop links section was a mess until I saw all
                                                    > > the links in your cave of doom. Best wishes, and thanks for the links
                                                    > > to what appear to be some interesting materials for the construction
                                                    > > of pop-pop boats.
                                                    > >
                                                    > > old Frank
                                                    > >
                                                    > > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com
                                                    > > <mailto:pop-pop-steamboats%40yahoogroups.com>, wdsmith <dsmith314@>
                                                    > > wrote:
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > Don't run for cover!
                                                    > > > That noise was a normal dound when I pull my head out of my.........
                                                    > > > err.......well....... I finally had an idea!!!
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > I used Teslin for cook book covers and other rough environment
                                                    covers
                                                    > > > and documents.
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > http://www.transilwrap.com/products/index.cfm?pID=2
                                                    > > <http://www.transilwrap.com/products/index.cfm?pID=2>
                                                    > > > http://www.arlon.com/ecp/duralon.asp
                                                    > > <http://www.arlon.com/ecp/duralon.asp>

                                                    http://www.valeron.com/products.html?source=GoogleadwordsVMAX&gclid=CNP4gcya84oCFRlmWAodFRECpw

                                                    <http://www.valeron.com/products.html?source=GoogleadwordsVMAX&gclid=CNP4gcya84oCFRlmWAodFRECpw>
                                                    > > > http://www.polyart.com/news_editorial_text1.html
                                                    > > <http://www.polyart.com/news_editorial_text1.html>
                                                    > > >

                                                    > > SNIP--- SNIP--- SNIP---

                                                  • wdsmith
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Mar 17 6:29 PM
                                                      Those were the ones I was talking about!
                                                      They mostly died of old age.

                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Mar 17 11:18 PM
                                                        Wow WD,

                                                        Your Cave of Doom must be for links what the Elephants Graveyard is
                                                        for elephants, and what Florida is for people!!

                                                        ttfn, old Frank