Pop-pop boats maybe

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18 2:30 PM
      Hi all,

      This post should prove to Yasar and
      everybody else that I am not an engineer
      and that I never have been one! I do come
      up with something every now and then,
      usually by "borrowing" it from somebody.
      This suggestion was originally based on
      a photo of a folded coil boiler I borrowed
      from the Pop-pop Pages.
      Go to: http://tinyurl.com/oomal for a look.
      It evolved a bit after Richard Jenkins wrote
      about his discovery that a square tube
      boiler is more efficient than a diaphragm
      boilers. When he posted the photos of his
      "Popflea" and "Firefly" boats I decided his
      horseshoe shape square tube boiler was
      also the most compact boiler I have seen
      and decided that several of his compact
      boilers could be heated by the same burner.
      A more or less 3-D view can be seen at:
      http://tinyurl.com/z8qzv minus dimensions
      and information I haven't developed yet.
      A layout at: http://tinyurl.com/gcbdh
      shows something that might be
      controlled the same way a R/C boat
      layout at: http://tinyurl.com/gd8gg
      would be by selectively closing normally
      open, two-way valves. There is a paddle
      wheeler layout at: http://tinyurl.com/hqhzn
      that could be controlled the same way.
      Go to: http://www.minivalve.com/ for
      information about miniature plastic
      duckbill valves that might be used to
      maintain unidirectional flow from
      inboard supply tubes through several
      horseshoe boilers and out through two
      outboard propulsion tubes with valves
      that could be closed by radio control
      servo-mechanisms. I don't believe the
      output of several boilers could be
      ejected through the same propulsion
      tube without some provision for uni-
      directional flow, because some boilers
      would be sucking water in at the same
      time that other boilers were ejecting it.
      This could be represented by the
      equation:"+1-1=???

      Best wishes, old Frank

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • caedave
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19 2:36 AM
        Regrettably Frank, is it just me, but all the links below came up
        "Document Not Found"

        Dave M.

        > and information I haven't developed yet.
        > A layout at: http://tinyurl.com/gcbdh
        > shows something that might be
        > controlled the same way a R/C boat
        > layout at: http://tinyurl.com/gd8gg
        > would be by selectively closing normally
        > open, two-way valves. There is a paddle
        > wheeler layout at: http://tinyurl.com/hqhzn
        > that could be controlled the same way.
        > Go to: http://www.minivalve.com/ for
        > information about miniature plastic
        > duckbill valves >
        > Best wishes, old Frank

      • Faisal Nadeem Awan
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 19 4:06 AM
          Yeah Dave, same is happening at my end. It might be that the pages have been removed by the web-master.
          --
          Faisal Nadeem Awan