More Photos of the Museum Model being built for The Clermont Historic Site

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2007

      I have up-loaded two more photos of the 90"(2286mm) long Claremont model being built by a friend in Waterford, NY. He contacted me about 6 months ago looking for sketches and drawings on the boat. I sent him what I had. The one that is peeking out from underneath the hull is an enlarged version of one of the drawings that I sent him. I hope to get up to Peebles Island to check out the work in progress.

      Note: The model is strictly  for a static display. Randy had originally considered an RC model powered by an electric motor. When the Historic Site took over the financing it went to "Static". The paddle wheels are sitting adjacent to the hull in their approximate location. They will eventually be on the same axis as the larger gears. More as I receive updates.