Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] Re: You Know Already, Another One of Those Confounded Home Page Pictures

    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 23, 2007
      From: "Frank McNeill" <frankmcneilll@...>

      > I worked for a multiwall bag converting company in Louisiana a long
      > time back and liked to irritate the boss by suggesting impractical
      > stuff like my almost tetrahedral multiwall valve type bag. I conned a
      > gal who produced hand made samples into making a bag that I took to a
      > meeting, along with a blower to inflate the bag and demonstrate that
      > there would be a problem when people tried to stack filled tetrahedal
      > multiwall bags on pallets. Some people just can't take a joke.

      Nice one, Frank.

      For the youngsters, when TetraPak started, the cartons were actual
      tetrahedrons, with only four faces. Many British kids had their daily dose
      of School Milk in them. They didn't need a cap as you got the stuff out
      with a straw. The little pyramids arrived stacked just fine.

      On a similar but non-nautical tack, I used to work at the Hoover vacuum
      cleaner plant in London. On one line we made motors that were almost
      spherical. The men used to fill a square pallet with them, in neat rows and
      columns along the sides of the box. I always filled my pallet in a
      triangular pattern, and the men would scold me for wasting space. I just
      grinned in that irritating way teenagers do, because my pallets always had
      more motors on than anyone else's.

      evil old David ):->
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 23, 2007
        From: "Pete B." <georgeyyy@...>

        > the carton
        manufacturers might be able
        to point us to paper suppliers etc. however. Does anyone know of a gable
        carton manufacturer?

        Have we tried http://www.waterproof-paper.com/ yet?
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 23, 2007
          Hi Pete n Pete's Friends,

          There aren't any manufacturers of gable cartons. The gable is formed after a carton is filled.
          Just one more type of "form fill and seal" packaging machine.  Frank

          On 2/23/07, Pete B. <georgeyyy@...> wrote:

          Hi Frank n Friends-

          Here in the Catskills milk cartons are perhaps 60% plastic and 40% paper. With OJ it's probably 75% paper 25% plastic. Paper is still widely used throughout the World.

          Is the cup half empty or half full? I'm not sure that the carton manufacturers would take on pop-pops at our volume. They might be able to point us to paper suppliers etc. however. Does anyone know of a gable carton manufacturer?

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 23, 2007
            From the Duke of URLs,

            Use these URLs to find converting and packaging e-zines:

            http://pffc-online.com/

            http://www.fdp.com/

            http://www.packaging-online.com/paperboardpackaging/

            old Frank