Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] To be read to the sound of one hand clapping

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2007
      From: "Frank McNeill" <frankmcneilll@...>

      > Now I need to learn more about Segways. Do you ride them on streets or
      sidewalks, do you need a drivers license, collision and liability insurance
      motorcycle type helmet, or maybe a cap with a feather in it?

      Can't speak for dubya country, but in the UK they are illegal on both the
      road AND the pavement (sidewalk).

      Private land only, with landowner's permission.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 15, 2007
        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny" <dh1@...>
        wrote:

> [...]

        Hi David,

        Are there any restrictions to using them on railway tracks?
        Maybe they could be fitted with flanged wheels and called
        "Segrailways."

        old Frank
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 15, 2007
          From: "Frank McNeill" <frankmcneilll@...>
          > Hi David,
          >
          > Are there any restrictions to using them on railway tracks?
          > Maybe they could be fitted with flanged wheels and called
          > "Segrailways."

          Here's what our forebears did on railway tracks!
          http://www.gtj.org.uk/en/blowup1/14605

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 15, 2007
            wrote:

> [...]

            Thanks David,

            Terrific website and a great opportunity for me to learn Cymraeg.
            Are there any car gwyllt racing events that you know of? It could be
            another event for the Olympics that would be even more exciting than
            the Curling thing where guys with brooms try to control the motion of
            a big rock sliding on ice. I bookmarked the website, because it really
            does look interesting.

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 15, 2007
              From: "Frank McNeill" <frankmcneilll@...>

              > Are there any car gwyllt racing events that you know of?

              You'se gotta be jesting! "Gwyllt" means "crazy" like "out-of control".

              Just a home-made way of getting down the mountain to go home at night,
              purely local to Blaenau Ffestinog.

              There's a movie of it on-line somewhere, but it's past my bed-time.

              Dafydd