Re: OUR POP-POP-STEAMBOATS POSTER CHILD + 1

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007

      Frank-

      The two Pix that I have were from google hits as well. The difference must be in using a MAC vs a PC. Just kidding! I never got the hit that you did. The Internet is a great tool but sometimes a mystery.

      As for my two photos... The one from over head was on a private Website of a fellow in Illinois. It's part of his collection. The other is from a retailer in Argentina. The fellow in Illinois has replied. He'll sell for $550 plus S&H. He'll send more photos after he gets back from Vacation. That boat looks like it has sustained some damage. I haven't heard from Argentina. It may be an English/Spanish issue.

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007

        Almost forgot. Here are the two sites.

        I still didn't get your Auction site in Maine.

        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
          That's exceedingly strange Pete. I get the same result every time.
          The second hit is always "Fall '02 ATD Catalog w/ prices" Clicking on
          that title shows a list with pictures of dolls and a search to find
          the word "clermont" does the rest.

          Frank

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
            Hi Pete,

            I just used "tucher walther clermont" for a search using Dogpile.
            This time the listing for the 20O2 sale was in sixth place instead of
            second, as it was when I used Google. That might be because Dogpile
            uses several search engines, including Google. I might ask Mamma next!