Re: OUR POP-POP-STEAMBOATS POSTER CHILD + 1

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007

      Frank,

      I don't know how you find these things. You have a knack...

      This pix is definitely more Clermont looking than the others. It has the two masts, the wheels and the hull & bow rake. I'm trying to get a larger copy of the photo. Thanks!

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
        Hi Pete,

        This is how THAT particular "knack" worked. I wanted to find your
        source for what might be Tucher & Walther boat with a "Clermont"
        label, so I Googled with the phrase "tucher walther clermont" and got
        that list of sales items as the second hit on a list that I didn't
        bother to check out after using a search feature to find the word
        "clermont." I still don't know where you found the photo of the boat
        with a Clermont label. :-)

        Frank

        > Frank,
        >
        > I don't know how you find these things. You have a knack...
        >
        > This pix is definitely more Clermont looking than the others. It has the
        > two masts, the wheels and the hull & bow rake. I'm trying to get a
        > larger copy of the photo. Thanks!

        > <frankmcneilll@> wrote:

        SNIP--SNIPPETY--SNIP
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007

          Frank-

          The two Pix that I have were from google hits as well. The difference must be in using a MAC vs a PC. Just kidding! I never got the hit that you did. The Internet is a great tool but sometimes a mystery.

          As for my two photos... The one from over head was on a private Website of a fellow in Illinois. It's part of his collection. The other is from a retailer in Argentina. The fellow in Illinois has replied. He'll sell for $550 plus S&H. He'll send more photos after he gets back from Vacation. That boat looks like it has sustained some damage. I haven't heard from Argentina. It may be an English/Spanish issue.

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007

            Almost forgot. Here are the two sites.

            I still didn't get your Auction site in Maine.

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
              That's exceedingly strange Pete. I get the same result every time.
              The second hit is always "Fall '02 ATD Catalog w/ prices" Clicking on
              that title shows a list with pictures of dolls and a search to find
              the word "clermont" does the rest.

              Frank

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
                Hi Pete,

                I just used "tucher walther clermont" for a search using Dogpile.
                This time the listing for the 20O2 sale was in sixth place instead of
                second, as it was when I used Google. That might be because Dogpile
                uses several search engines, including Google. I might ask Mamma next!