Re: OUR POP-POP-STEAMBOATS POSTER CHILD + 1

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 5, 2007
      Hi Pete,

      It doesn't look much like the Clermont. Where are the paddle wheels?
      Go to <http://tinyurl.com/ytuall> and click on Trr4 YACHT COIP-BOILER
      FIREBOX. There are a lot of fake Tucher and Walther toys for sale on
      the Internet. Which ones are real and which ones are Memorex?

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 5, 2007

        Hi Frank-

        Poetic license! It's a stretch, but you can see an attempt to somewhat follow the CLERMONT (sans wheels) lines. The othe less obvious is the shape of the hull. The CLERMONT was actually flat bottom like all of the water line boats. The boat that you reference is the same design as the Tucher + Walther "CLERMONT". Is it a knock-off or the real thing??? It demands a similar price. One never knows.

        THANKS<

        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
          Hi Pete,

          Tucher & Walther apparently did build a model of the Clermont but the
          one you found isn't it. Go to http://tinyurl.com/yvla9w and scroll
          down to item # 767 for a thumbnail picture that does look like the
          Clermont, paddle wheels and all.

          old Frank

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007

            Frank,

            I don't know how you find these things. You have a knack...

            This pix is definitely more Clermont looking than the others. It has the two masts, the wheels and the hull & bow rake. I'm trying to get a larger copy of the photo. Thanks!

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
              Hi Pete,

              This is how THAT particular "knack" worked. I wanted to find your
              source for what might be Tucher & Walther boat with a "Clermont"
              label, so I Googled with the phrase "tucher walther clermont" and got
              that list of sales items as the second hit on a list that I didn't
              bother to check out after using a search feature to find the word
              "clermont." I still don't know where you found the photo of the boat
              with a Clermont label. :-)

              Frank

              > Frank,
              >
              > I don't know how you find these things. You have a knack...
              >
              > This pix is definitely more Clermont looking than the others. It has the
              > two masts, the wheels and the hull & bow rake. I'm trying to get a
              > larger copy of the photo. Thanks!

              > <frankmcneilll@> wrote:

              SNIP--SNIPPETY--SNIP
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007

                Frank-

                The two Pix that I have were from google hits as well. The difference must be in using a MAC vs a PC. Just kidding! I never got the hit that you did. The Internet is a great tool but sometimes a mystery.

                As for my two photos... The one from over head was on a private Website of a fellow in Illinois. It's part of his collection. The other is from a retailer in Argentina. The fellow in Illinois has replied. He'll sell for $550 plus S&H. He'll send more photos after he gets back from Vacation. That boat looks like it has sustained some damage. I haven't heard from Argentina. It may be an English/Spanish issue.

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007

                  Almost forgot. Here are the two sites.

                  I still didn't get your Auction site in Maine.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
                    That's exceedingly strange Pete. I get the same result every time.
                    The second hit is always "Fall '02 ATD Catalog w/ prices" Clicking on
                    that title shows a list with pictures of dolls and a search to find
                    the word "clermont" does the rest.

                    Frank

                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
                      Hi Pete,

                      I just used "tucher walther clermont" for a search using Dogpile.
                      This time the listing for the 20O2 sale was in sixth place instead of
                      second, as it was when I used Google. That might be because Dogpile
                      uses several search engines, including Google. I might ask Mamma next!