Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] Re: Postscript to previous message about finding your way to the frappr

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
      From: "Frank McNeill" <frankmcneilll@...>

      > I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Where am I supposed to put
      > my photo, the slot for CDs or for floppies?

      Ah, a Comedian :-)

      On your scanner.
      Scan photo at lowest resolution and save to disk.
      Go to Frappr map
      Look at left hand sidebar
      There's me looking manic (chasing the kid with the camera)
      There's Russ looking wise
      Then there's a little man with a question mark that's Pete
      Then there's one that says You!
      Left click it and you have the option to Edit This Pin
      Click that and click Browse for your photo
      Browse to where you saved the scan, and click the button.

      FBI and Interpol can then compare your image with the Most Wanted across
      one and a half continents.

      See you soon (hopefully)

      David 1/2d
    • Len Phillips
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
        Snip > Hi David,

        I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Where am I supposed to put my
        photo, the slot for CDs or for floppies? Frank
        < snip

        Frank you put it in the upload shelf and it happens AUTOMATICALLY .....
        All done with mirrors mate ...

        Len ( the aussie )

        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny" <dh1@...>

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
          There are a few problems I will have to work out before I can provide
          a photo:

          A Scanner— don't have one.
          B Right click, left click mouse- don't have one of those either and
          would probably have to trade my old Macintosh for a PC to get one.
          What I will probably do is find a picture of some old guy in Google
          Images that looks like he is in better shape than I am and tell you
          how to find his picture.

          really old Frank

          wrote:

> [...]
        • WDSmith
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 7, 2007
            Oh, GAWD! one of THOSE!

            You may be out of luck. Last one of those I had took 3 years to give
            away after I found out what made them so "easy."