Re: Postscript to previous message about finding your way to the frappr

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
      Hi David,

      I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Where am I supposed to put
      my photo, the slot for CDs or for floppies?

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny" <dh1@...>
      wrote:

      > Come on Old Frank, show us yer fizzog. David

      any
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
        From: "Frank McNeill" <frankmcneilll@...>

        > I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Where am I supposed to put
        > my photo, the slot for CDs or for floppies?

        Ah, a Comedian :-)

        On your scanner.
        Scan photo at lowest resolution and save to disk.
        Go to Frappr map
        Look at left hand sidebar
        There's me looking manic (chasing the kid with the camera)
        There's Russ looking wise
        Then there's a little man with a question mark that's Pete
        Then there's one that says You!
        Left click it and you have the option to Edit This Pin
        Click that and click Browse for your photo
        Browse to where you saved the scan, and click the button.

        FBI and Interpol can then compare your image with the Most Wanted across
        one and a half continents.

        See you soon (hopefully)

        David 1/2d
      • Len Phillips
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
          Snip > Hi David,

          I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Where am I supposed to put my
          photo, the slot for CDs or for floppies? Frank
          < snip

          Frank you put it in the upload shelf and it happens AUTOMATICALLY .....
          All done with mirrors mate ...

          Len ( the aussie )

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
            There are a few problems I will have to work out before I can provide
            a photo:

            A Scanner— don't have one.
            B Right click, left click mouse- don't have one of those either and
            would probably have to trade my old Macintosh for a PC to get one.
            What I will probably do is find a picture of some old guy in Google
            Images that looks like he is in better shape than I am and tell you
            how to find his picture.

            really old Frank

            wrote:

> [...]
          • WDSmith
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 7, 2007
              Oh, GAWD! one of THOSE!

              You may be out of luck. Last one of those I had took 3 years to give
              away after I found out what made them so "easy."