Postscript to previous message about finding your way to the frappr

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007

      I just remembered that some members don't visit the pop-pop-steamboats home page, or check out stuff in files photos and links.I won't mention any names because you already know who you are. As an alternative members who don't visit very often could click on < http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pop-pop-steamboats/links> to go to the links section add their names and addresses to our secondhand frappr map or to< http://www.frappr.com/?a=myfrappr> to open the map without wandering around looking for it in the files section. I don't know whether the second URL will work or not, but the worst thing that could happen would be that you might be added to Richard Milhous Nixon's enemies list.

      Best wishes, old Frank
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
        Come on Old Frank, show us yer fizzog. David

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
          Hi David,

          I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Where am I supposed to put
          my photo, the slot for CDs or for floppies?

          --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny" <dh1@...>

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
            From: "Frank McNeill" <frankmcneilll@...>

            > I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Where am I supposed to put
            > my photo, the slot for CDs or for floppies?

            Ah, a Comedian :-)

            On your scanner.
            Scan photo at lowest resolution and save to disk.
            Go to Frappr map
            Look at left hand sidebar
            There's me looking manic (chasing the kid with the camera)
            There's Russ looking wise
            Then there's a little man with a question mark that's Pete
            Then there's one that says You!
            Left click it and you have the option to Edit This Pin
            Click that and click Browse for your photo
            Browse to where you saved the scan, and click the button.

            FBI and Interpol can then compare your image with the Most Wanted across
            one and a half continents.

            See you soon (hopefully)

            David 1/2d
          • Len Phillips
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
              Snip > Hi David,

              I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Where am I supposed to put my
              photo, the slot for CDs or for floppies? Frank
              < snip

              Frank you put it in the upload shelf and it happens AUTOMATICALLY .....
              All done with mirrors mate ...

              Len ( the aussie )

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
                There are a few problems I will have to work out before I can provide
                a photo:

                A Scanner— don't have one.
                B Right click, left click mouse- don't have one of those either and
                would probably have to trade my old Macintosh for a PC to get one.
                What I will probably do is find a picture of some old guy in Google
                Images that looks like he is in better shape than I am and tell you
                how to find his picture.

                really old Frank

                wrote:

> [...]
              • WDSmith
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 7, 2007
                  Oh, GAWD! one of THOSE!

                  You may be out of luck. Last one of those I had took 3 years to give
                  away after I found out what made them so "easy."