Re: OOPS

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007

      To all new & old members,

      I'm going to "piggy-back" on Frank's invitation.

      I am inviting each of you to participate on our Message Board. The more active the group the more satisfaction can be had in sharing ideas. This Forum is only as good as we make it.

      • What are your interests?
      • What do you bring to the table?
      • What would you like to get out of belonging to OUR Group?

      Along those lines... I created a Member's Biography folder in "FILES". I encourage you to record the above info. You may learn about folks with common interests and living in the same area. If you do you could get together to work on a joint project with your kids or grandkids. If you look around where you live there are often model Railroad, RC Boat & RC Aircraft Clubs. It may sound a little far fetched to have a Pop-Pop Club, but you never know. It would be a great venure in which to participate with kids of all ages. I've used this approach in my involvement with Steam Launches etc. I have met several new people and expect that there will be more. All good things start with a single idea. Frank had one and now we are 111 strong!

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26, 2008
        Hi All,

        I joined a Yahoo group for people who want to learn Japanese and
        intended to post a message asking for help with a message to the owner
        of the Handmade romance factory web site, which has pictures of radio
        controlled models propelled by steam engines, stirling cycle engines
        and pop-pop engines.
        Unfortunately I posted the message to our pop-pop-steamboats group
        instead and was able to delete it from the group, but not from the
        e-mail boxes of members who receive copies of messages. Another one of
        those senior moments I guess.

        Best wishes, very old Frank