Invitation to join a misguided tour of the photos and files sections

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2007

      Hi new, not so new and really old members. There are 110 of us now, 31 of us joined during the last 7 days, who were probably welcomed with messages asking them to wander aimlessly through the photos and files section without telling them what to look for there. To fix the problem for better or worse, anybody who feels as lost as I do is invited to a misguided that will start in the photos section by clicking on the album for Matts Clermont, Popflea and Firefly and Velka 3. Matts Clermont shows stuff about a paper model that might be used as the basis for a pop-pop model of Robert Fulton's Clermont. Photos of the Popflea show an elegantly simple, compact and efficient little engine conceived and constructed by our member Richard Jenkins. And Joe Vella-Caruana's paper model of the lightship "Ambrose" provides a preview of what a radio controllable pop-pop boat might look like. Remember the word "popflea" and use it to search for old posts sometime.
      Now on to the files section. My stuff is in a "frankenstuff" folder, everything else was posted by the artist formerly known as northriver07, now referred to as Pete, or Pete Baker. We have several members who work with scroll saws and they might be interested in a file titled "NR7 CLERMONT - POPULAR MECHANICS.PDF, Old Popular Mechanics CLERMONT." Zoom in on some of the views to get details and dimensions for a foot long display model of the Clermont. It might be used for a pop-pop model too by using styrofoam or balsa as an alternative to pine. A Popflea type engine might be concealed under a combined boiler and firebox made of metal instead of wood. That's all the tour there is for now. To get out of the files section click your ruby slippers together three times and say "there's no place like home." If that doesn't work, click on the word "Home" on the left side of the page.

      ttfn, old Frank

      --
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."  Bill Watterson