RE: [pop-pop-steamboats] Re: MILK CARTON PUTT-PUTT BOAT ++++

  • Len Phillips
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007
      Message

      > Hi Pete,

      thought the saying was that, "If it looks like a boat and quacks like a

      duck, it must be a duck boat."

      > old Frank

      Frank I've been fixing a duck board all day .... it's the board across the back of a boat <G>
      Old fellas like us stand on them gettting out of the tender to get into the big boat <G>

      Should I ask what is the FIRST to go ?

      Len
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007

        > Should I ask what is the FIRST to go ?
        >
        > Len

        Len,

        O:)...sometimes that little blue pill helps! All kidding aside, it's an old Yank joke passed around when one of us "senior men" has a senior moment. I hear tell it's mostly an old wife's tale!

        ALONG THOSE LINES:

        Dear Tech Support:

        Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources.

        In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Football 5.0 , Hunting and Fishing 7.5 , and Golfing 3.6.

        I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0 , but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0 . Please help!

        Thanks,

        Troubled User.....

        _____________________________________

        REPLY:

        Dear Troubled User:

        This is a very common problem that men complain about.

        Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0 . It is impossible to uninstall, or purge the program files from the system once installed.

        You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warnings-Alimony/Child Support . I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 and work on improving the situation. I suggest installing the background application "Yes Dear" to alleviate software augmentation.

        The best course of action is to enter the command C:..APOLOGIZE! because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway.

        enjoy,

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007
          Hi Len and Pete,

          I used Google to find the answer to Len's question, but think I might
          have typed "who" instead of "what" because the answer I found at
          <http://www.abbottandcostello.net/who.htm> seems to have more
          questions than answers. old Frank

          > > Should I ask what is the FIRST to go ?
          > >
          > > Len
          >

          > Len,
          >
          > [O:)] ...sometimes that little blue pill helps! All kidding aside,
          it's
          > an old Yank joke passed around when one of us "senior men" has a senior
          > moment. I hear tell it's mostly an old wife's tale!
          >
          > ALONG THOSE LINES:
          >
          > Dear Tech Support:
          >

          > Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed
          > that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a
          > lot of space and valuable resources.
          >
          > In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now
          > monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Poker Night
          > 10.3, Football 5.0 , Hunting and Fishing 7.5 , and Golfing 3.6.
          >
          > I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run
          > my favorite applications. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend
          > 7.0 , but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0 . Please help!
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Troubled User.....
          >
          > _____________________________________
          >
          > REPLY:
          >
          > Dear Troubled User:
          >
          > This is a very common problem that men complain about.
          >
          > Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is
          > just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING
          > SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!! It is also
          > impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0 . It is
          > impossible to uninstall, or purge the program files from the system once
          > installed.
          >
          > You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not
          > allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warnings-Alimony/Child
          > Support . I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 and work on improving the
          > situation. I suggest installing the background application "Yes Dear" to
          > alleviate software augmentation.
          >
          > The best course of action is to enter the command C:..APOLOGIZE! because
          > ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system
          > will return to normal anyway.
          >
          > enjoy,
          >
          > Pete

        • Len Phillips
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007
            Message
            Thanks Pete ....  now I know .....

            After reading the below I've decided to hit delete more often and simply turn off at the wall and get on with girlfriend 8 after putting down girlfriend 7 ( vet talk <G>  )

            Us 'older gents' do not have time for reformatting our drive ....

            Upgrades are nice but can be costly and the lack of ram was never  a problem ..

            be cool and keep smiling and roll on 2007

            Cheers
            Len ( the aussie )