new to group

  • joe
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 26, 2006
      I am a keen modeller. A few weeks ago I have started to work on ships
      paer models.Lately I finished the model of the "Ambrose "lightship
      (see picture in my album headed Velka3). If anyone wishes to build it
      I can send him a copy of it. Meanwhile i will be obliged if any member
      can share any ship paper model with me. Thanks in anticipation.
      regards
      Joe
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 26, 2006
        Hi Joe,

        You might know about this already, but there is supposed to be a list of free kits for downloading at <http://www.ss42.com/pt-boats.html>.

        Best wishes, Frank

        On 12/26/06, joe <jvc@...> wrote:

        I am a keen modeller. A few weeks ago I have started to work on ships
        paer models.Lately I finished the model of the "Ambrose "lightship
        (see picture in my album headed Velka3). If anyone wishes to build it
        I can send him a copy of it. Meanwhile i will be obliged if any member
        can share any ship paper model with me. Thanks in anticipation.
        regards
        Joe

      • Joe Vella-Caruana
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 26, 2006
          Hi Frank
          thanks i have those already

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 26, 2006
            Hi All:
            This is my first post to the group and I want to share this link
            It is a very interesting link about steam and some tools.
            At the left you can find buttons for the English version.

            Andrés

            Correo Yahoo!

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 26, 2006
              Hi Andrés,

              Thank you for posting this link. As you state, it is very interesting
              and it has been added to our links section as <www.steamer.cz>.

              Best wishes, old Frank

              --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Andrés Gonzalez

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 7, 2009

                I added a link to The Apologetics Index which is described as
                providing 39,925 + pages of resources on cults, sects, movements,
                alternative religions, apologetics-, anticult-, and countercult
                organizations, doctrines, and the like. I intended to search the
                39,925 plus pages for references to pop-pop steamboats and the use of
                powdered magnesium, but got sidetracked by a story about of the shoot
                out betwen the Branch Davidian and the FBI near Waco.

                Next time maybe, old Frank
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009

                  After reading Dick's post I did a bit of web surfing in order to add a
                  link to information about the Texas City Disaster. It might serve as a
                  warning to kids that like to mess around with dangerous stuff- or it
                  might just suggest how to generate an enormous explosion by parking a
                  shipload of chemical fertilizer next to a shipload of explosives.

                  old Frank
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 15 8:07 AM

                    Just added a link titled "Robot Marketplace" with a bit of info about the BlinkRC WiFi RC Receiver. There are several WiFi gadgets that can be used as remote controllers. The Apple iPad can control a battery-powered thing with four rotors that is manufactured in France and the referenced example provides video of a model car being steered by moving a finger across the display panel of a cell phone. Is anybody interested in developing a WiFi pop-pop boat?

                    Best Wishes, Old Frank
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 15 12:48 PM
                      Welcome back Frank,

                      The Fulton group recently found the sanme site. We're using their DC gearmotor MODEL NUMBER PK32F260-516 to drive our display unit. We had a mini gearmotor first belt drive then direct drive. It had the necessary power but the small gearhead used plastic gears. One of the motors failed at Cabin Fever 2011 so we opted out and went back to the bigger gearmotor with a belt drive. I posted a couple of new pix.