RE: [pop-pop-steamboats] Memories, sweet memories!

  • Len Phillips
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2006
      Message
      Frank .... I never knew about the" dunny bomb" but my grand dad as a kid had the carbide lights . I remember one going through the roof of the tent and he did show me the tin trick . You punched a tiny hole in the bottom of a jam tin . You then put a little bit of carbide about the size of your finger nail in the tin and spat on it and put the lid back on. You then help the tin up high with your finger on the hole and aimed the lid somewhere. Wait a few seconds and then get your buddy to light the hole as you took your finger away ... Boom and often a sheet of flame and so long as the tin lid was on loose away it went ( <G> ) all was okay ...

      Must go look at the canon ...

      have a fun day

      Len ( the aussie )