Miss England making way

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3 4:16 PM
      First time I've seen a Miss England making way.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHKk6BTxkqM
    • Paul M
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3 4:59 PM
        Glad you like it, it's my boat.

        Cheers,
        Paul

        > First time I've seen a Miss England making way.
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHKk6BTxkqM

      • Jean-Yves Renaud
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3 10:54 PM
          Seen the comments on Youtube. About the color, the original one my Miss England (I've got a genuine one) is beige outside and grey inside. It seems that there were other colors, but what identify the real ones is Miss England written in golden letters on both sides at the bow.
          As far as I know a very few Miss England were built. Then the tools were sold to another company and boats are still being built and sold, but with other names, mainly Miss America.

          Le 04/08/2013 01:59, Paul M a écrit :

          Glad you like it, it's my boat.

          Cheers,
          Paul

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4 8:45 AM
            Either I missed something or you're not correct about the Miss England still produced. An American company made a limited edition of the Miss England, but they claim that they made their own tools. These boats had different names, Miss Texas for example. Here's the link:
            http://www.stanleysteamers.com/phantomboats/photos.htm

            The original Miss England was made in the colors white, blue, green, red and apparently also beige and maybe even more colors. A tinplate version was made and the more common aluminium version. Not much boats were indeed made, but they're not uncommon because they're virtually indestructible so probably all boats survived the sands of time!
            Prices range from over £100 to a mere £25. I saw it happen on Ebay, but it was a UK only auction. So frustrating, not that I need two Miss Englands, but it could have been easy money, buy-relist-cash in.

            Some confusion might arise about the manufacturer since for example SEL (Signal Equipment LTD) together with others marketed the boat.

            As a side note: The Miss America'55 and Miss America'56 were also produced, but these boats look like the average putt-putt boat and have membrane type engines. They were made by Linemar in 1955 and 1956.

            Cheers,
            Paul