Re: Small RC pop-pop boat video

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013

      > The price is right. Looks like it definitely has potential. THANKS for sharing with the group.

      Another case of the price is right happened two weeks ago. After posponing getting the below torch kit for a couple of years, I went to HF to finally get it. It came in two seperate boxes (tanks in one and torch/caddy in another), and the guys had to search around to find the caddy box. Finally got to the register and the clerk shot one of the boxes and the $279.99 displayed on the register. Then the clerk said "let me try something" and got out what appeared to be a laminated coupon from under the register, and shot it. Then he said "how that look?". The price had dropped to $209.99. I said "now we talking!". Not sure what the magic card was, and with other people in line behind me, I didn't ask questions. Now to build the world's largest operating pop pop engine.

      http://www.harborfreight.com/portable-torch-kit-with-oxygen-and-acetylene-tanks-65818.html
    • whitedenims
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
        Pete,

        If the free "123D Design" software is not enough CAD horsepower for your
        tasks, investigate the new SpaceClaim software. It is my understanding that
        you can get it; by explicitly asking for a lower price, for approximately
        the same "under $2k" Alibre Design Professional product that you have
        referenced.

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 17, 2013
          Kenneth,

          I had heard of SpaceClaim a couple of years ago. I think that it was from England. I did go to there Website. It List for around $2500. No mention of Annual maintenance cost. It's a direct modeler which is to my liking as that is what KeyCreator is. They are much more intuitive and easier to use than the History based modelers. I will have to do some more research and try to get a trial copy when Alibre trial runs out. Thanks.

        • Daryl
          Message 4 of 11 , May 20, 2013
            Pete, Tried to PM you but it would not go through.Are you still around? Daryl.