Re: Epoxy engine

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 27, 2012
      The metal in the diaphram needs to be streched a bit so that it has a very small amount of curviture to snap back and fourth as the boiler pressure changes. The brass diaphrams in the small indian boats display the marks of being slightly hammered to get the dishing. One of my next projects is pounding the thin drink can aluminum to get some dishing beyond the existing curvature. As to an epoxy engine, copper is way too heat conductive, and steel is only so so. Thin aluminum is probably the best material. A big aluminum engine might be made from a 24 oz beer can with the ends cut off, generally flattened, and tubes epoxyed on one end and the other end folded up and epoxy sealed.